PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1
Carrier: Sprint

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO Premium

Anyone know if the new plans have unlimited text and data? I am calculating that from $30, it would jump to $50 for a 4G Epic correct on the new Sero Premium?

What would be the best route to get the Epic next month cause I am up for upgrade also Oct 1st, so pretty sweet if I can get an Android 4g phone on my sero plan.

dja2k

Last edited by dja2k; 09-05-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w

gooseleg is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
Anyone know if the new plans have unlimited text and data? I am calculating that from $30, it would jump to $50 for a 4G Epic correct on the new Sero Premium?

What would be the best route to get the Epic next month cause I am up for upgrade also Oct 1st, so pretty sweet if I can get an Android 4g phone on my sero plan.

dja2k
It will be $50.00 plus tax for the Epic with unlimited text, data, mobile to mobile and GPS. the best route will be a sprint corp store or online.

Last edited by gooseleg; 09-05-2010 at 06:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Awesome, thanks gooseleg!

dja2k
Old 09-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseleg View Post
It will be $50.00 plus tax for the Epic with unlimited text, data, mobile to mobile and GPS. the best route will be a sprint corp store or online.
I just found out my account is just a normal Fair and Flexiblde 500 and not a Sero account. Guess I am screwed and can't upgrade to an Epic without paying double what I pay now.

dja2k

Last edited by dja2k; 09-06-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
I just found out my account is just a normal Fair and Flexiblde 500 and not a Sero account. Guess I am screwed and can't upgrade to an Epic without paying double what I pay now.

dja2k
Don't worry about it. I have 8 lines on the account and some of them say Fair & Flexican 500 and some say SERO500. Your should be fine switching to the SERO Premium on Oct 1st and getting the "iconic" devices.

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Re: SERO to allow other phones

Has everyone decided which phone they are going to get? I am still hung on either one of the iconics, or a Hero.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if pandaman was able to switch from the SERO family plan to the SERO individual plan, there wouldn't be any problem going vice-versa right? because i have the $30 SERO 500 now...but within six months or so, would like to get it switched to the SERO family plan. just didn't know if they would allow it.

and yes...i too would like the link posted please.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Has everyone decided which phone they are going to get? I am still hung on either one of the iconics, or a Hero.
I was 110% sure I was going to get an EPIC however there's new rumors saying that within the next 6mos we could see dual core 1.5-2.5ghz phones. I just got a brand new TP2 replacement that I could prob sell for $200 to help pay for it but then there's the 4G fee that I am not a fan of. Maybe there will be some leaked info on new non-4G Android phones by mid October to help me decide
Old 09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Theres been alot of rumors of the Epic (all Galaxy S series phones) having GPS problems...even after turning on aGPS. So that is going to steer me away from the Epic. I think I may pick up a Hero for a while and try out android before making the big jump to a powerhouse handset.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Theres been alot of rumors of the Epic (all Galaxy S series phones) having GPS problems...even after turning on aGPS. So that is going to steer me away from the Epic. I think I may pick up a Hero for a while and try out android before making the big jump to a powerhouse handset.
In some ways the Hero is a downgrade from TP2 (keyboard, screen...) and I don't think android alone is worth an extra $10/mo IMO and there's no way I'd get WP7
Now if there was an Epic 3G or Evo 3G I would get either right away!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero