PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading second line to Epic4g, question regarding swapping

Well, my big bro has an upgrade available but doesnt want a new phone. If i use his upgrade to get the epic4g, will sprint try to force it on his line???

If so, can i take it off the line and use it on my own??? Radio shack told me id have to wait 90 days before i switched the phone off , i havent talked to sprint yet
Old 08-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

gooseleg is just getting started
Re: Upgrading second line to Epic4g, question regarding swapping

Have him get the phone activate it and then you can swap it
Old 08-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So, just to be sure, i should activate the phone first and then deactivate and swap over?

With the epic costing so much, i really dont want to end up losing any rebate money
Old 08-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lpi408 is a n00b

I have done what you are attempting to do a couple of times.

First have the phone activated on your bothers account, submit all rebate(s) under your bothers account and wait for all rebates to process 100% before activating the phone on your account. Once all your rebates have been received you will be free to activate the Epic on your account. You will NOT receive your rebate(s) if you activate the Epic on your account before the rebate(s) have finished processing on your bothers account.

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your new phone, I think the Epic is going to be my next phone also.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:37 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I thought RS did instant rebates on their sprint phones?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

use RS or BB.. rebates are instant as stated above.. I have "a guy" at a local RS and he tells me he swaps lines all the time for people... until he told me that a few months ago(around EVO launch) i was always under the impression it takes 30days or you get charged the rest for Full Retail..

my guy at RS knows his stuff and if he says it can be done, i believe him even though ive never personally had to have him do it for me yet..

***depending on your friends plan though, he may get forced to change it.. plus hes gonna get stuck with the "cool fee" for the month Im sure... he cant exactly call sprint and say he returned it or anything, yet the phones not on his account anymore.. so any prorating that gets done, will be charged to his bill.. so your gonna have to toss him a few extra bones for that potentially
Old 09-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I appreciate the help guys

I purchased the phone thru sprint and im planning to activate and deactivate it for swapping today. I wanted the $100 rebate but im going to go with out it because i dont want the hassle, so i guess thats just going to be stuck in the processing loop. As long as ive got the $150 upgrade discount im satisfied.

I want to activate it on my primary line as soon as possible though. I have a friend who wants to buy my evo and he can hardly wait to upgrade from his pre.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would go look at the Epic threads, you will probably change your mind.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
I appreciate the help guys

I purchased the phone thru sprint and im planning to activate and deactivate it for swapping today. I wanted the $100 rebate but im going to go with out it because i dont want the hassle, so i guess thats just going to be stuck in the processing loop. As long as ive got the $150 upgrade discount im satisfied.

I want to activate it on my primary line as soon as possible though. I have a friend who wants to buy my evo and he can hardly wait to upgrade from his pre.
I would talk to Sprint about it, I do it all the time with my familyshare plan, and I've never had an issue, as long as I've purchased the phones at Sprint they should be able to take care of it. Their concern is that the phone is active on a line, not which one is it, and that they have a new 2 year contract.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion