PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

setox is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: will sprint allow early upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
That sounds like they are making you pay the ETF >.>...$100 is like 10 month away on the ETF...5 month away is 50$...so may wanna try another person...
yes and no last 3 months its $50 and its $10 more a month after that so its more like he has 8 months and also he can sell his old phone back with a retention credit its a very simple program buy out the remainder of your contract to get your upgrade.... cause its either you are going to pay a etf and leave or you will wait...
Old 08-28-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

Well I guess 5th time is the charm....Today I spoke with Account Services about getting my upgrade eligibility pushed up from Oct. 1st to this Tuesday the 31st.....I have been trying this for a few weeks now and have come up empty handed each time but today was my lucky day i guess. Just asked politely about pushing up the date because I was interested in the Epic and after putting me on hold for about 2 minutes he said "we will be able to push it up"...... so in 24 hours or so the system will update itself and my new date is the 31st and the Epic will be mine for the low low price of $249, LMAO...............This is a great day...I also sold my Moment on craigslist as well......Christmas in the Summer, gotta luv it.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp

lawsofpower48 is just getting started

i actually had BOTH of my lines pushed up.... my first line was due for an upgrade on 10/1/2010.... called retentions a few times and got the date moved up to upgrade immediately..... took another few calls to get my second phone upgrade moved up since it is a year from now 10/1/2011....the second line was a bit harder since they said they cannot move it in the system...so they told me they will credit me $75 to my bill immediately after i purchase the new phone, then before 30 days, return the phone and buy it back then i would be eligible for another $75 (75x2=150 savings)..... so they had to note my account for the second line and ive confirmed it by calling in to a couple different reps that the note is in there.....so now i have the epic 4g reserved for pickup on 8/31 and will get them on both lines...... anything is possible if you be polite and let them know your current phone is a POS...
Old 08-29-2010, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc 7pro

gemini5150 is a n00b

i was told from a sprint rep that they can only push it up 14 day. but i called retentions a week ago and they said the same. but i called again today and was on hold for 20 min and got disconnected. but i called right back and the woman said she could move it up from 11-1-10 to now. just wait 24 hours. but she called me back in like 2 hours or so and said it was all set. so i went to best buy to reserved it. the second person to do so. but im happy i will be getting it for 200. i have never seen this phone in real life yet, but i hope it answers all my dreams like it seems it will.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

11/1/10 isnt that far from now so it shouldnt have been a problem.... mine was 10/1/2011....and i moved it up to now
Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc 7pro

gemini5150 is a n00b

i know, but it seemed like a big deal to them when i initially asked. nice work getting it a year ahead. (showoff) hahaha just kidding.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Look, I'm a sales rep for sprint. This is what you got to do. Call 1(800)639-6111. Ask for account services. Ask them about paying $25 to upgrade early.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

mapcom1 is just getting started

FYI, if your on a family plan and you are the premeir line you cant pay early, since you only have a year anyways compared to the 2 year like the other lines. its pretty much $10 for every month you want to upgrade prior to contract being up, up to $115 for 12+
So luckly me i have a line that is eligible so ima use that tomorrow and then switch the lines
Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mickeyleah is just getting started

the sprint store that i went to told me that they were allowing early upgrades for the epic, this was in Union, NJ. I got mine with an early upgrade but mine was the next day but i didn't tell them that
Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5150 View Post
i know, but it seemed like a big deal to them when i initially asked. nice work getting it a year ahead. (showoff) hahaha just kidding.

hehe

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion