PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 01:28 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: SERO Plan - Still around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
What exactly did you say to get them to do this? I have been trying for over a week to get them to activate an old phone I have around here on a clone of current sero 500 account. Ive talked to over 20 people including floor supervisors, and account managers, and they have all pretty much been like "stfu and pay 69.99 for less."
You already cloned the line...

As for getting a phone on it..there shouldn't be a problem..to confirm what phone are you trying to put on it? a Hero, Moment, Evo, Instinct, Palm Pre won't work..and a Blackberry requires you to convert it to a Voice only Sero..idk about nextel phones if they are eligible either..

If its not any of the above, you can esn swap on your account without an agents help via online...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
how do i not have sero, when i sign on to my account it shows up SERO F&F 500
When I see cloned I think of the sero like plan that some people got because they couldn't get on sero. Anyways I think misread part of your post. You try going into a sprint store to swap phones?

Last edited by w7excursion; 08-10-2010 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

ecrob is becoming a great contributor

Just activate the phone online... it is the easiest way to always do it. I don't understand why Sprint would give you a hard time trying to activate a phone on your SERO plan (as long as is not an android or webos).
Old 08-10-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

i typed my question in a misleading way, the problem i am having isnt activating the phone on a cloned line, its getting them to duplicate the line in the first place. The phone (for now) is an old samsung m300, no problem on sero. I have spent the week just trying to get the second line, and all i get is (that plan is expired, but our 69.99 ED plan is great)
Old 08-10-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So... you currently have a SERO plan and you want to add an extra SERO line to your plan and activate the Samsung on it? If this is the case, I would just try to call again pressing *2 on your phone and tell them you want to add an extra line with the same plan you currently have. The last two SERO accounts I got were already Sprint accounts but out of contract and they ported the numbers and gave me SERO plans. However, last year I was able to add a whole new SERO account...so I think it is still possible.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
i typed my question in a misleading way, the problem i am having isnt activating the phone on a cloned line, its getting them to duplicate the line in the first place. The phone (for now) is an old samsung m300, no problem on sero. I have spent the week just trying to get the second line, and all i get is (that plan is expired, but our 69.99 ED plan is great)
How I did it was this..I went into chat 2 times a day till I got someone who said they could do it...my goal in the first convo is not to get them to do it but get them to say and confirm that the cloning could be done..afterwards if they forwarded me or in my next chat..I use that as a basis..if they decline I ask for a supervisor..then have the supervisor do it...Don't be a jerk though and just push the same thing of how you were told and tell them your cousin or something had it done too..play ignorant if necessary...

thats how I got it done...

One thign though..don't pester agents to say they could do it..if you do that they might put a note on your account.. just disconnect rather then have a long argument..
Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I call the EPRP number 1-888-882-4030
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
I call the EPRP number 1-888-882-4030
ok, i tried chat and in all of 2 minutes i was told that i CAN get my plan cloned and he gave the above number.

I was told by the rep that that plan wasn't available for him to add but his supervisor may be able to, so he transfered me. The supervisor told me it was impossible unless i call employee care, I get through to them and she brings up my account, says I'm not an employee and wouldn't even hear what i had to say before transferring me to regular care.

There I get a woman who says shes pretty sure its possible and put me on hold, came back on saying she added a line and had a supervisor setting up the sero plan on it. That supervisor was unable to finalize it, and gave me yet another number to call. I talked to 6 different people all the way up to a "resolution manager" who still said it was NOT possible, and I should just get the 69.99 everything data plan, and for my trouble she would waive the activation fee. I told her that wasn't what I wanted, and I felt what I was told by the rep on the chat should be honored, and said i would forward her the transcript to prove i was told it could be done.

She then said that was useless because "Anyone with the slightest knowledge of computers could forge whatever they want into a forwarded chat transcript."

All in all I am getting seriously annoyed by this, any more help as to what i should say, or who i should ask for is appreciated.

I spent 4 hours on the phone tonight and all i have to show for it is a second account on a basic 200 plan I don't even want.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention, the customer care rep I was with who tried setting up the account said she noted my account saying that it was possible to add a second sero. Everyone I talked to after that said that all she noted was that I was told it wasn't available. Is there customer service always this ridiculous to go through?

Last edited by patheticpuma; 08-10-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Did you try calling using *2 on your phone? That's how I've always done it.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrob View Post
Did you try calling using *2 on your phone? That's how I've always done it.
thats what i had been going through for a week, with no luck, until it was suggested on here to try chat, and thats where i sorta made progress.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion