PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: This is B.S. I'm so mad

I'd call retentions and tell them what's up
Old 07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post
well ive been with sprint for 8 years and ever since i got evo they took off my sprint premier benefits i was so pist off thats y im switching to tmobile in december
Youd better actually USE their service first. I made that mistake last year and jumped to tmobile only to find out that their service here was craptacular at best. Couldnt even use my phone inside of the house and constantly dropped calls.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i just walled into sprint and paid full retail
Old 07-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Funny most Sprint stores make more commission off upgrades than they do retail or new lines...but things may have changed. Your best bet is to order online instead of waiting for one to show up in store. Online once you order you on a list, they ship out the device based on where you are on that list....so if they get 80 and your # 45....you'll get a phone out of that shipment....alot of store tend to go by how many phones a customer wants, if its viable to them actually getting a sale or not etc....so if someone is wants 4 new Evo's, they will shoot ahead in line ahead of you....thats just how it works. On August 1st I'm ordering mine online....and will wait for it to show up at my doorstep...that way I know ones coming and not guessing if the store has one or not.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Frisco Speedball is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Youd better actually USE their service first. I made that mistake last year and jumped to tmobile only to find out that their service here was craptacular at best. Couldnt even use my phone inside of the house and constantly dropped calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post
well ive been with sprint for 8 years and ever since i got evo they took off my sprint premier benefits i was so pist off thats y im switching to tmobile in december

The whole idea may be moot soon anyway. Sprint might be "merging" with T-mobile. So, you might become a "new" Sprint customer right after you leave...LOL
Old 07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Have you checked the Walmarts in your area? That's where I lucked out and got mine.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Don't mean to rub salt in the wound or anything here, but I literally decided last Thursday that I was gonna pull the trigger... I hadn't even thought about the whole not available/out of stock thing at all, I had an upgrade still avail on my second line and I no longer needed two, so I canceled my main line, switched my old TP2 to the other line with the upgrade, then called a few best buys in my area, All they had was the stupid white ones, I don't want a white one! i was about to give up hope when I called the last one, I started the phone conversation like "I know I know, you're probably out of stock... but i have to ask do you have any in stock" and the girl kind of seemed kind of surprised at my attitude and simply said "um we have FOUR in stock..." I was like wow seriously, "not the crappy white ones right?" she again sounded surprised and said "um nope, the black ones, we have the white ones too if you want that one" so I'm like f*** no! can you hold a black one for me till tomorrow? she's like oh no, they will be gone by tomorrow, I had to drop my plans that night, and head to best buy, I get there at like 8PM (they close at 9) start the process, she goes and grabs it out of the cabinet, and she says "you're lucky, you got the last one" This was only 2 hours after I called and got the "we have 4 in stock!!!"

I have a feeling had I not gotten there at that time, I would have been deprived of my jewel and been in your same shoes.

Sorry to hear about your mis-fortune so far, but there is hope, just don't give up!

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

idaman is keeping up the good workidaman is keeping up the good work

I pmed you about getting one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: This is B.S. I'm so mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try619 View Post
First off i've been waiting for the Evo since it came out, I keep calling my local Sprint stores, Radio Shacks, and Best Buys and they all say that their out of stock. I've lost count of how many waiting lists i'm on. Well anyway yesterday I finally get a call back from Radio Shack saying that they have one. I was like yes!!! just the call i've been waiting for. They ask me are you doing an upgrade or adding a new line? or switching carriers? I said upgrade. Then they said "Oh sorry were only doing new lines and if your switching carriers." I was like you have to be kidding me, she said "No i'm sorry but when we get another one in we'll call you." To make matters worse my brothers friend just got one from a Sprint store that I call regulerly to see if they have any and they say no. Come to find out that he got his because he switched over from T- Mobile. I was so mad that I felt like canceling my service!! I mean i've been a customer for 7 years and have two lines. Has anybody else experienced something like this? Sorry for being so long I just had to vent .

ok check this out...if this is an upgrade for your single/individual line or if you're the primary line on a family plan read on!!!

create a hotmail.com if you don't already have one.
go to bing.com and search for wirefly (make sure you don't have adblock on or pop blockers on, very important)

at the top search results you will see a link for wirefly bing cash back.
click on the link
sign in using your hotmail.com account.
this link will take you to wirefly.com

search for evo 4g.
click on upgrade a line.
pick the plan 69.99 etc..
in the promo section type wireflyblue11 (free bluetooth)
enter all your sprint information, your payment information and submit.

ok what will happen: they say 2-3 weeks but my friend just did this last a week ago, and today he received his evo 4g and free bluetooth.

oh yeah and that bing cashback, you will get $50 bucks back in 60 days sent through your paypal account.

do it now!! before everyone who reads this jumps on this deal...also bing is set to go bye-bye july 30th but as long as your purchase goes through before that date, you will get your $$$ cashback.

oh and the evo is $189 plus taxes, no rebate needed just like best buy/radio shack.

$149 + taxes after you get your cashback. free shipping

you can find more on this deal at slickdeals.com, search for evo wirefly if you want to read more on this.

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 07-13-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: don't be so mad, use wirefly and get your evo in 10 days!!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3D,Evo 4g,Rhodium,BBTour,Raphael,800W,Titan
Carrier: sprint 15 yrs

unsane is becoming a great contributor

not sure were you reside, but call best buys in your area everyday. When you do finally get somone to admit they r in stock best buy has a rule that they will hold one for you in your name for one hour from the time of the call.....I ve been reading all this out of stock nonsense fora few weeks on here....I decided last weekend it was time to say goodbye to the beloved TP2 (which I now use as a work phone on ATT) I called 3 best buys all within 40 miles of my house....The first one said "you just missed the last one", the second bestbuy said "we will have 16 tomorrow" and the third bestbuy said "we have one in stock" I asked them to hold it for the standard hour and they did........just be persistant its def way worth the wait......

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion