PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

stparker38 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This is B.S. I'm so mad

I wasn't planning to get a new phone until Jan 2011. I went in with two of my older smartphones for their buyback program. This was two days after the EVO came out. I told the rep I was kind of interested in the EVO and wanted to see if I could get it for upgrade price (w/my buybacks) as I was only eligible for the 75 dollar off. She went and grabbed one and rang it up...no additional questions asked. I told her that I had heard that no one had them. She said it was one that a waiting list customer didn't pick up. I know that to not be true now because there is still waiting lists... it just goes to show you that depending on the day or the rep- whatever the store- you can get what you want. I would go in person to the Sprint stores and just act as if they are available and get your phone.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post
well ive been with sprint for 8 years and ever since i got evo they took off my sprint premier benefits i was so pist off thats y im switching to tmobile in december
Well lets just hope the merger doesn't happen with sprint & tmo for your case lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 07-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i called up a best buy in my neighborhood earlier, mind you this was the only one within and surrounding the st louis area, and they had one in stock. i asked them if it would be possible to do an exchange of one that i purchased from a different store since they didnt have any. they flat out told me no because they wouldnt make any money off of that transaction and that i would have to do a complete refund of the one i have from the store i bought it from then drive over to them to do a fresh new purchase which frankly would have been more hassle than it would have been worth.

i almost had the right mind to go out there anyway because dont believe there is anything in their policy against returning items to a different store and performing the exchange anyway. i only didnt because i didnt wanna make a scene if i got there and the manager still tried to tell me no. needless to say i emailed their corp office or where ever they go. well see what happens.

on a side note i did see another best buy commercial earlier advertising phones and i couldnt help but think no one has them in stock. i think they should pull the commercial or clearly state the supplies are limited.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo
Threadstarter

Try619 is a n00b

Thanks to everybody for responding. There is alot of good ideas that people posted that i'm definitely gonna have to try. I mean I guess at this point i'm going to have to be patient and wait for my turn. Next time i'm definitely going to pre order so I won't have to go through this mess again.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Treo 800w

ShortBusCandid8 is a n00b

I called Sprint and even though the site said "out of stock" I got the phone the next day. It was an upgrade too.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Kurakka is a n00b

Got my evo on launch day and Loved the phone to death, every thing about it was nice and neat. Had only a couple of issues but most were not a big deal. I had been holding off upgrading the software on the phone just because every thing I want to work was working and working well. Well I started reading people like the new stuff so I went ahead and started upgrading and well I got BRICKED. Called Sprint, went to sprint store, went to radio shack and all three of them said I would be with out a phone for at least a week. When I called sprint they said it could be up to two weeks. Unfortunately I cant be with out a phone for that long. I am currently job searching and getting calls for interviews so I cant not have a phone for two weeks so I had to cancel sprint and take my number to Metro PCS so I could get a cheap phone with no contract. I hope to go back to the evo here in a few months once they are easier to get.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion