PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
T-Mobile HSDPA & HSPA+ VS. Sprint WiMax 4g

So I think I'll stay out of this debate for the most part as its pretty obvious where my stance is.

I have T-Mobile, get great service in my area and in surrounding states, and have pretty consistent HSDPA service with HSPA+ service on the way.

I have 4g speeds, with no need to get charged extra or buy special equipment (well my HD2 is pretty special)

These speeds are equivelant if not faster than Sprints WiMax network (or so I've heard)

So that's my opinion / experience...
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey
Re: T-Mobile HSDPA & HSPA+ VS. Sprint WiMax 4g

we all know HSPA+ is faster, you can't debate that.

and I know Tmobile service sucks in Texas and most of the people around here don't get Tmobile. Same in lots of areas actually from what i've read up on.

but you gotta do what works best for you, and since tmobile happens to be good in your area then Great!!

there's not gonna be much of a debate in less you get tmobile extremist fanboys on here saying they are the best in the country and what not. we all know who has the Evo
Old 06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswezey View Post

and I know Tmobile service sucks in Texas and most of the people around here don't get Tmobile. Same in lots of areas actually from what i've read up on.

but you gotta do what works best for you, and since tmobile happens to be good in your area then Great!!

there's not gonna be much of a debate in less you get tmobile extremist fanboys on here saying they are the best in the country and what not. we all know who has the Evo
not true, I live in Houston and I have excellent coverage, about as good as I did with Sprint. The only network that gets bad coverage is ATT.

Wimax was a wrong move, even sprint knows that and that's why they will move to LTE just like everyone else.

Sprint may have the Evo, but honestly I'd rather just rock a Nexus One, an HD2, and an iPhone HD/4G. You just can't beat the phone selection on GSM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:

Sounds to me like you have little actual experience using or seeing somebody use T-Mobile. Most people who say they get crappy t-mobile reception and live anywhere but the middle of the country don't know what they're doing/talking about. T-Mobile has great coverage on both coasts and on the northern and southern borders in all areas...the deeper you go inland (and I'm talking about going waay deeper inland as in a few states worth of distance) then the coverage is poor / nill. You shouldn't have any problems in texas my friend.

And yes we all know who has the evo. We also all know who is paying out the ass for a phone that's only unique feature is an 8mp camera and video out.

Sprint's WiMax 4g has a max download speed of 10mbps....HSDPA has a download speed of 7.2mbps....HSPA+ has a download speed of 20+mbps

So basically we already get almost the same WiMax speeds that sprint has without having to buy any special phone or plan.

By the end of the summer we will get DOUBLE what sprint offers as quote "4g" for no extra cost and no need to buy special equipment.

Get in early with a good company, and stick with them until they prove to you that they're not worth it

^^^This has always been my philosophy with a cell phone plan. Sprint has proven time and time again that they're simply not worth it anymore.

Last edited by JQuill; 06-03-2010 at 10:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G in the US, TP2 in Prague
Carrier: Sprint/T Mobile CZ

mplsfalls1973 is just getting started

No offense, but there is a difference between theoretical speed and actual speeds. My 802.11g router claimed speeds of 54Mbps but I doubt any of us have gotten anywhere close to those speeds. At some point hardware becomes the limitation. I guess we will all have to wait and see how things come out, but until I get some speed tests from an actual mobile phone I will be hesitant to believe any claimed speeds.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Sounds to me like you have little actual experience using or seeing somebody use T-Mobile. Most people who say they get crappy t-mobile reception and live anywhere but the middle of the country don't know what they're doing/talking about. T-Mobile has great coverage on both coasts and on the northern and southern borders in all areas...the deeper you go inland (and I'm talking about going waay deeper inland as in a few states worth of distance) then the coverage is poor / nill. You shouldn't have any problems in texas my friend.

And yes we all know who has the evo. We also all know who is paying out the ass for a phone that's only unique feature is an 8mp camera and video out.

Sprint's WiMax 4g has a max download speed of 10mbps....HSDPA has a download speed of 7.2mbps....HSPA+ has a download speed of 20+mbps

So basically we already get almost the same WiMax speeds that sprint has without having to buy any special phone or plan.

By the end of the summer we will get DOUBLE what sprint offers as quote "4g" for no extra cost and no need to buy special equipment.

Get in early with a good company, and stick with them until they prove to you that they're not worth it

^^^This has always been my philosophy with a cell phone plan. Sprint has proven time and time again that they're simply not worth it anymore.
Actually my mom and brother had T-mobile. Their service was crap. end of story. So yeah, I would know. From 2nd hand experience. But good try, good try
Old 06-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Actually my mom and brother had T-mobile. Their service was crap. end of story. So yeah, I would know. From 2nd hand experience. But good try, good try

K...have fun paying for the EVO
Old 06-05-2010, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
K...have fun paying for the EVO
you mean playing with the Evo??? why yes, i will have fun with that
Old 06-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

well my exp is t-mobile rocks once i drive 30 miles to dallas/mesquite but where i live ( out in the country ) sprint is the only service worth getting..outside of verizon..( but who wants to pay inflated prices ) with sprint my 3g speeds are constant 1.5 down to 2 d.. so sprint works for me.. if i live in the city it prolly would be a diff story.. nexus with t-mobile prolly.. but speed of ones network all depends on location....and for me sprint rocks..where t-mobile, att dont even work well let alone 3g..
Old 06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
not true, I live in Houston and I have excellent coverage, about as good as I did with Sprint. The only network that gets bad coverage is ATT.

Wimax was a wrong move, even sprint knows that and that's why they will move to LTE just like everyone else.

Sprint may have the Evo, but honestly I'd rather just rock a Nexus One, an HD2, and an iPhone HD/4G. You just can't beat the phone selection on GSM.
hmmm so who is lying? because i live is houston t0o and tmobile sucks in my area.. a friend of mine does not get a reception inside the building we work at.

i think you were just trying to state your opinion.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion