PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

havoc911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint and Internal Insurance fraud

SPRINT HELPED SOMEONE ROB ME FOR $100...DONT LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU!

A month ago i found an add on craigslist someone was selling a sprint moment for 100 dollars. The phone was new in the box and never used. I of coursed call sprint to find out if the phone wasnt reported lost or stolen.

The first rep asked me for the numbers on the back of the phone then stated the phone was good and i should have no worries. She said "buy the phone u could add it to ur account with no problems"

I bought this phone for my girl and her contract from verizon wasnt over untill a month so i let the rep know that i would be connecting it after a month. she then again said it would be no problem and that she would add comment to the phone i bought (the moment) stating this would be the case.

Finally i bought the phone and after a montn I called sprint again to conect the phone. After i give them all the information they said the phone had been reported lost or stolen and they could not tell when this was done. The rep found the original notes stating i had called a month prior and that i would wait a month to connect the phone. So now sprint told me there has been many cases like this were someone sells their phone and after they receive the cash they reported stolen.

What should i do? Sprint will not connect the phone and im out 100 dollars?
Old 05-13-2010, 01:29 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

100 dollars almost sounds too good to be true. a used moment on ebay with a claen esn is still in the 200 dollar range. id say your best bet isto either activate it on cricket, or sell it your self on ebay or cl. just dont be as unscrupulous as the one you bought it from. say it has a bad esn, and id bet you can still get close to 100 bucks.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo

havoc911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Even i say it has a bad esn can i get introuble for selling it. will cricket connect the phone even if its a sprint phone with a bad esn??? thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 02:11 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

cricket will connect anything as long as its cdma(cricket, verizon, or sprint(no sim cards)). and yes you can sell it on ebay. here are two examples of samsung moments on ebay right now with bad serial numbers...
this one didnt even work...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-Moment-M...item2a06fe7837
this one is in great condition except for the esn...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-SPH-m900...item35a929991d

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion