PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
typical account credit for contract renewal?

if i don't upgrade to a better phone can i just renew the line and get them to apply a upgrade credit to the account instead? if this is possible would it be $150 credit?

i plan to buy the new HTC Evo but the line i want it for isn't eligible for discount upgrade, so i want to use the discount from one of my other lines that is eligible..so since i doubt they would let me use the upgrade discount from one line to another, i wonder if i can just get them to apply the $150 credit to the account or do i HAVE TO buy a phone for the renewing line?

Last edited by sebo; 04-13-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: typical account credit for contract renewal?

no. you dont have to buy a new phone, and the upgrade credit will stand on your account to use at a later time, but no it cant be applied as a billing credit or as a second credit on 1 phone upgrade. i.e.: you cant buy the evo on one line for a hypothetical $349. after all rebates, and then add another 150 dollar credit from your other line. it will at some time have to be applied to a phone purchase on said line.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

back then i know i received letters in the mail saying if i wanted a $150 account credit to renew my line (since it's been out of contract for quite a few years) although the last time i received one of these letters was a year or more.

i still think you should be offered an incentive if you renew and don't wish to purchase a new phone on a certain line, maybe it only can be applied in certain situations..

im referring to buying the Evo at full price though (on the line w/o eligible discounts), and then renewing one of my other lines to see if they can apply the $150 credit on the account since i don't really need a new phone on the line that is eligible for the $150.

thanks though.

Last edited by sebo; 04-14-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Just buy the EVO for the line that is eligible for the $150 credit and then do an ESN swap and put the EVO on the line that you want it on. I do this all the time with our 40+ lines at work (Sprint) and never have a problem with it.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah what Rain said, also a while back when I upgraded to the Diamond I was offered an extra 70$ for renewing my contract (off of monthly bill not off of phone) and an additonal 70$ for every line I renewed at that time even without upgrading phones. So you can always ask.. after you've upgraded on the available line and swapped.

BrennB

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion