PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Whats coming from Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
It looks like sprint might not even be getting the Supersonic, according to some a leaked screenshot it seems T-mobile will be getting it. Its a shame I don't get any 3G coverage from T-mobile, because i'm very tempted to switch. Especially if Sprint doesn't get any high end phones.

http://pocketnow.com/rumor/wimax-htc...erating-system
I know this quote is dated at this point but wanted to mention this in case anyone else comes across this thread like I did.
1. The article your link points to doesn't really make sense because Tmobile is planning on LTE not WiMax so it wouldn't make sense for there to be a screen shot of the Supersonic on Tmobile and the end of the very article you're referencing mentions the likelihood of photoshop.
2. Tmobile has announced they will be the first to have the HD2 (http://www.sticktogether.com/htchd2/...c_innovate_hd2) which is admittedly the WinMo version of the same phone without 4G, so it might make sense that there are some names/specs getting mixed up
3. Even if Tmobile did get something Supersonic-esc, there is no reason why Sprint can't get an identical/similar phone of a different name, i.e. Sprint Hero and Verizon Droid Eris
Old 02-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Cool Re: Whats coming from Sprint?

Luckily sprint has me in their corner...with that said i feel i should point out that almost all carriers have the same phones. take a look at the hero on sprint the aeris on verizon and the my touch on tmobile...the are all essentially the same phone on the inside. the main difference is the quality of the outside (body panels/button placement/design) the palm pre and pre + pixi and pixi + what is the difference? tp2 is on sprint uscc and tmobile. we are all basically in the same place as far as hardware is concerned. just expect big things from sprint in the near future starting with 4g and never stopping. we are about to take the race. this underdog will sneak up on u and steal the number one spot while all the top dogs are busy talking trash to each other and spending their money making commercials to bash the competition. not only are we the now network we r the future network and the bang for ur buck network!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
Luckily sprint has me in their corner...with that said i feel i should point out that almost all carriers have the same phones. take a look at the hero on sprint the aeris on verizon and the my touch on tmobile...the are all essentially the same phone on the inside. the main difference is the quality of the outside (body panels/button placement/design) the palm pre and pre + pixi and pixi + what is the difference? tp2 is on sprint uscc and tmobile. we are all basically in the same place as far as hardware is concerned. just expect big things from sprint in the near future starting with 4g and never stopping. we are about to take the race. this underdog will sneak up on u and steal the number one spot while all the top dogs are busy talking trash to each other and spending their money making commercials to bash the competition. not only are we the now network we r the future network and the bang for ur buck network!
funny thing is, you mention the other carriers fighting and bashing on each other, notice how no one ever says anything about sprint's phones, networks, services, or plans? Its just funny they're constantly ragging each other and everyone leaves sprint alone
Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

that is exactly my point. they r providing the perfect opportunity for us to fly in under the radar. and if u notice we dont advertise as much just think wat we mite b doing with all that extra money?! probably spending it in ways that benefit our top priority...our customers. enhancing our coverage by building towers, upgrading to 4g and more. just wait u will b pleasantly surprised. and by the time u r stuck in a contract w verizon and looking at a $400 ETF is the day u will wish u never left.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I am here to add to the rumors seems sprint is getting the HTC super sonic and an lg phone is the current rumors anyone else got one? beyond the 4g palm pre
Old 03-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
I am here to add to the rumors seems sprint is getting the HTC super sonic and an lg phone is the current rumors anyone else got one? beyond the 4g palm pre
well if we're gonna add random unsubstantiated rumors my sprint rep mentioned to me last week the first 4G phone is supposed to be Windows Mobile which could be some random LG phone but i sure hope not because LG's track record with smart phones is horrendous, i'm hoping its some awesome HTC
Old 03-15-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

This might be old news, but I just found a petition floating around for Sprint to get the nexus 1..http://www.petitiononline.com/GN1oSPCS/petition.html
Old 03-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

But if Sprint really is getting the Supersonic, why bother with the Nexus?
and besides its not just Sprint's decision to carry it, its just as up to Google (and HTC depending on how much theyre involved in distribution which appears to be not at all) and i doubt it but theres a chance Google and Verizon signed something that prevents a Sprint Version
Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
and besides its not just Sprint's decision to carry it, its just as up to Google (and HTC depending on how much theyre involved in distribution which appears to be not at all) and i doubt it but theres a chance Google and Verizon signed something that prevents a Sprint Version

I have seen too many rumored Sprint phones come and go. I would love the supersonic, but don't believe it till I see it. The nexus one has good specs, is coming to Verizon..CDMA, and it is my belief Google would like this phone available on all carriers. While I would prefer the rumored Supersonic, I would take the nexus one in a heartbeat over any other current Sprint offering. I'm just sick of waiting for Sprint to catch up.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
they could easily market the nexus as a cheaper alternative to the supersonic but who knows.. so many rumors I will wait till I can touch before I believe anything.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion