PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54
Re: Whats coming from Sprint?

It looks like sprint might not even be getting the Supersonic, according to some a leaked screenshot it seems T-mobile will be getting it. Its a shame I don't get any 3G coverage from T-mobile, because i'm very tempted to switch. Especially if Sprint doesn't get any high end phones.

http://pocketnow.com/rumor/wimax-htc...erating-system
Old 01-26-2010, 01:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Well since Sprint and LG are buddy buddy, the LG Apollo is due late this year and the specs are really pretty good and should launch with Windows 7.

Dont know if this is the final product image, it is still a long way till Aug/Sept

CPU: Qualcomm QSD8650; 1.3GHz

-CDMA + GSM (aka a World Phone); EvDO + HSDPA

-Device Size: 115 x 57.5 x 11.2 mm

-Memory (RAM/ROM): 1GB/1GB

-External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)

-Screen Size/Type: 3.8-inch capacitive AMOLED “Multitouch Supported”

-Screen Resolution: WXGA 1280 x 720 px

-Camera: 10-megapixel with flash and autofocus; HD 720p video@ 30fps

-Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4; Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3

-Battery: Removable 1400 mAh

-Talk Time: Up to 7.5 hours; Standby Time: 288 hours; Internet Use: 4.5 hours (3G), 6.5 hours (WiFi)

-Video Playback: 10 hours; Audio Playback: 30 hours
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 01-26-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Well since Sprint and LG are buddy buddy, the LG Apollo is due late this year and the specs are really pretty good.

CPU: Qualcomm QSD8650; 1.3GHz

-CDMA + GSM (aka a World Phone); EvDO + HSDPA

-Device Size: 115 x 57.5 x 11.2 mm

-Memory (RAM/ROM): 1GB/1GB

-External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)

-Screen Size/Type: 3.8-inch capacitive AMOLED “Multitouch Supported”

-Screen Resolution: WXGA 1280 x 720 px

-Camera: 10-megapixel with flash and autofocus; HD 720p video@ 30fps

-Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4; Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3

-Battery: Removable 1400 mAh

-Talk Time: Up to 7.5 hours; Standby Time: 288 hours; Internet Use: 4.5 hours (3G), 6.5 hours (WiFi)

-Video Playback: 10 hours; Audio Playback: 30 hours
with almost everything going for this phone, its still lacking wimax and by then wimax will be more broadly available. this phone almost had everything. with hspa+ launching on tmobile and tmobile already having hspa+ devices available, i cant buy another phone thats not 4g, epecially that late in the year.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-26-2010, 01:35 AM
VIP Member

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

p-slim, I am wondering.....is sprint going to have a different charge for using 4g even if the phone can get 3g(ev)/4g. Like right now we get 3g with no extra charge if you have a data plan, but lets say I buy a phone with 4g access...now will I be able to get 4g where I can with no extra charge.....I or do we need to have sprint give me the 4g access on the network which would be a charge while using 3g would still be free....do you understand?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

Quote:
p-slim, I am wondering.....is sprint going to have a different charge for using 4g even if the phone can get 3g(ev)/4g. Like right now we get 3g with no extra charge if you have a data plan, but lets say I buy a phone with 4g access...now will I be able to get 4g where I can with no extra charge.....I or do we need to have sprint give me the 4g access on the network which would be a charge while using 3g would still be free....do you understand?
Thats a good question, i would imagine that since wimax is still being rolled out, that it would be included in the simply everything plan. although, if they did charge extra for a 4g phone/plan, then maybe only the markets with wimax will be able to buy these phones.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
Thats a good question, i would imagine that since wimax is still being rolled out, that it would be included in the simply everything plan. although, if they did charge extra for a 4g phone/plan, then maybe only the markets with wimax will be able to buy these phones.
I have no clue if there will be a different price plan but I hightly doubt it. Think of it like this air cards are already out that can do wimax and they are the same monthly price as the evdo rev a aircards.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I have no clue if there will be a different price plan but I hightly doubt it. Think of it like this air cards are already out that can do wimax and they are the same monthly price as the evdo rev a aircards.
The reason I had said that is because of the air cards like you stated.

Yea I know what you are saying they have two plans same price but one is only for 3g access and the other is for both 3g/4g.

Which to me make so sense at all since they are the same price you would think the 3g/4g access would be just a tad higher in price. Well it is going to be interesting to see how they handle the price on 3g/4g acesss for phones that can do both, I hope it just stays the same and when the phone is in a 4g area... a person can use the 4g data with no extra charge.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 01-26-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

If you look at the plan for the Sprint Overdrive, it's the same as the plan for the 3g only devices.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drnick5 is just getting started

I've been on sprint for a while.. Started with a Moto Q running WM5... then moved to a touch Pro on WM 6.1... after 9 months with that POS phone I got sprint to give me a TP2 as a replacement (with LOTS of complaining... and driving 2 hours to the nearest "official" sprint store)

anyway.. im on this TP2 now... I've ran the stock rom for a while.. then tried various roms out there until I stuck with good ol mighty rom.. but I gotta say. im geting so SICK of the damn windows Mobile lag! Mighty Mike has done the best he can do with WM 6.5, but its a flawed product.. im hoping they address these problems with WM7, if not, I think "microsoft phone" is done for. (I honestly can't wait for an android 2.1 device... I'd think about selling mt TP2 and getting a samsung Moment.. but I don't want to sign my contract until something awesome comes out)

I see all these new phones come out, but they are ALL for AT&T and Verizon (and SOME for T-Mobile.. but no sprint!)

who cares how awesome your "now network" is if there arn't an good phones to take advantage of it?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

man i don't know what you guys are talking about!!! sprint released the lotus elite and the rumor touch this year! isn't that enough?

lol i agree, sprint needs to step up their game if they even want to have a chance at competing against LTE, esp since verizon is going to GSM. if sprint doesn't pull this 4g thing off VERRRY smoothly and soon they stand to lose everything.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion