PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sprint and Verizon carried iPhone, will you switch?
Yeah Baby, I'll sell out to the darkside and I love it! 25 26.32%
No, Hell no! 70 73.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
if u think twice abt win mo having a shrinking footprint ur wrong buddy!!! microsoft is the best there is and im sure they will come up wit something awesome...it might take some time but saying they will disappear...is like saying we never had a PC lol
Android is going to take over WinMo’s market. The WinMo 7 realistically won’t be out in probably a year and a half. By than its too little too late, all the VZW and Sprint folks would’ve jumped over to Android by than. Already ALL my buddies at work jumped to the Moto Droid while another dude got the Droid Eris. After they get used to Droid, I don’t think they’re going to come back to WinMo.

I blame this all in MS. They milked WinMo without any development for years and they finally wake up after Google enters. Google is a very aggressive company, they’re not going to give up marketshare to MS. Already HTC is jumping on the Android market and most likely will dump WinMo completely if their market share drops further to save on development cost.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I come on the TP2 because I have a TP2 you jerk. What do you want me to do, go on a iphone forum to discuss my TP2? Your just a sorry hater. I’m also a member of XDA way before I even joined ppcgeeks, should I quit that too to make you happy?

I’m sorry, but the majority if you jerks on here are nothing but haters. Its like Steve Jobs personally raped you or something. I’m telling you, I’ve the biggest Apple hater you can get, but I am not going to be blind and pretend the iPhone isn’t good when it is. I know most of you people on here belong to VZW or Sprint and have no choice but to stick to WinMo. Half of you people would’ve jumped to the iPhone if given a choice, I know whats up.

And the last thing, if it wasn’t for iPhone, there wouldn’t be a WinMo 6.5 or 7 coming out. We’ll still be stuck with WinMo 5 if MS didn’t have any competition.
Yea and what did WinMo 6.5 and 7 doing? Adding finger friendly features cause people like you determine the OS usability based on that.

Just because you own a TP2 doesn't mean you need to be here. I've had an iPhone, I have an iPod Touch, I don't hate Apple, and my opinion is that you made the OP because your a ****in tool and don't know shit. I can have mine and you can have your's, just so happens comming to a real phones forum bashing it is gonna get more opinions like mine.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Android Rules haha
Old 01-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

NIKKG dude just stop talking abt the iphone and android!!! i blive the android forum is down the hall and the iphone... has no place here!!! so just stop trying to prove your point because it's not going to go anywhere here!!! i suggest you find something else to talk about...! just a suggestion before others start to bash you as well... a friendly advice
Old 01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All I asked is if you guys would switch to iPhone if Sprint and Verizon carried it. That’s all I said. You guys get worked up like I’m asking to you kill your first born. Its just a freaking phone. Get a life people!!!

If you don’t like the iPhone, you could’ve just said No and be done with it or not respond; I didn’t ask to be called a troll or other words. I hate fanatics on all sides.

I didn’t know their were so many haters on this site.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
If Sprint and VZW had iPhone, how many of you guys will switch? I know I’ll switch the same day without thinking twice. Its miles ahead of WinMo in every way, I’m starting to miss mines. Damn ATT.

i don't want to sound mean but... thats ur original post!!!! and it doesnt say just choose one. you gave ur two cents to it and so are we... so deal with it!

Last edited by iknight8; 01-15-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My final 2 cents.

This post belongs in a OS general discussion. In no way, shape or form does bashing WinMo belong in a TP2 forum. The OP's issue is with the operating systems and thier "usability" and "functionality" which to him, solely relies on the ability to run a single application and move menus with his finger.

The fact is, iPhone OS was designed for a single phone, single set of hardware, single purpose of functionality.

WinMo is designed for hundreds of phones, hundreds of sets of hardware and more multifuntional purposes than iPhone OS.

Few examples:

You have Comcast and they come to your house to diagnose your lines and determine thier issues by hooking up thier little tools, guess what OS that is running? Not iPhone OS.

You get a package from the mail (USPS) and it's scanned as delivered, guess what OS that is running? Not iPhone OS.

You're working at a retail store setting prices on products, scanning away and setting the price with your little price gun. What OS is that running? Not iPhone OS.

There are MILLIONS of uses that WinMo has been designed for and a phone is just one of them. The fact that people sit here and say MS let WinMo go is just stupid. That is why they went the route to split functionality purposes and relabel WinMo to be Windows Phone. They are now going to manage different peices based on different use applications. Windows Mobile as we know it will never die, the functionality purposes and uses of it fetches far beyond what a phone does, and is actually the primary tool of alot of portable companies.

So, keep bashing WinMo, but if you want to not look like a dumbass, simply say "iPhone OS" functions more properly as a "Cell Phone OS" than Windows Mobile, specifics might get you further (even tho alot here won't agree with that either).

Cheers!

edit: Nice little link to get more of my point through. http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=471

Last edited by cohowap; 01-15-2010 at 11:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

i guess it comes down to how much time/devotion do you put into your phone. People that put a ton of time into customization and all that love getting under the hood and changing things. Cant do that with the Iphone as muich BUT its a lot easier (imo and im a WM guy) to just pickup and start using and i personally think it has a much less steep learning curve to take advantage of most of the cool things.

I used to love loading custom kitchens on my phone and tweaking every little thing but not so much lately. After i got my Tp2 i havnt really taken advantage of it.... maybe i would be an iphone guy.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post
i guess it comes down to how much time/devotion do you put into your phone. People that put a ton of time into customization and all that love getting under the hood and changing things. Cant do that with the Iphone as muich BUT its a lot easier (imo and im a WM guy) to just pickup and start using and i personally think it has a much less steep learning curve to take advantage of most of the cool things.

I used to love loading custom kitchens on my phone and tweaking every little thing but not so much lately. After i got my Tp2 i havnt really taken advantage of it.... maybe i would be an iphone guy.
I feel the exact same way and thats my main point. Sometimes you get tired of constantly changing ROMs. That stuff gets old and tiring after a while and you just want to use the darn phone without all the extra steps!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I'm considering the switch...
I couldn't find 50 different $5 fart apps on the MS market place nor could I find a pink rubber case with diamonds and dangly things on e-bay for my TP2...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion