PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: whose with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjje View Post
T-Mobile ON contract:
MyTouch3G on Even More (on contract) unlimited talk, text, and web:

Total due today*
$149.99
Total due monthly**
$99.99
One time activation fee†
$35.00

((99.99*24)+149.99+35)/24

2 Year Monthly Average: $107.70

Sprint Hero on Simply Everything Plan:

Total one time charges: $279.99
Total monthly fees: $99.99
Mail in Rebate: $100.00

((99.99*24)+279.99-100)/24

2 Year Monthly Average: $107.49
So then with Sprint's new higher monthly regulatory fee, and new $5.00 per month fee if you aren't on autopay, T-Mobile is definitely cheaper every month, and also has the cheaper phone.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

darkjje is becoming a great contributor

Tmobile raised their regulatory fee prior to Sprint raising theirs, and the 5 dollar autopay is for spending limit accounts only, not regular accounts... so no. I am starting to agree with the other guy now and will refrain from feeding you. as he's shown you, you can leave Sprint now with virtually no lose on your part and move to TMobile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So then with Sprint's new higher monthly regulatory fee, and new $5.00 per month fee if you aren't on autopay, T-Mobile is definitely cheaper every month, and also has the cheaper phone.
Sero 500

Last edited by darkjje; 01-13-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

alright now i can sit back and let u 2 debate for awhile.. good luck darkjje.. may the best geek win.lol
Old 01-13-2010, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Tmobile raised their regulatory fee prior to Sprint raising theirs, and the 5 dollar autopay is for spending limit accounts only, not regular accounts... so no.
As far as I know, T-Mobile doesn't even have a regulatory fee on these new plans. And that $5 monthly fee for spending limit accounts is the vast majority of Sprint customers. There might be a couple here and there that don't have one- but even most of them had one at some point and got it removed over time.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-13-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Use Google and type in Tmobile regulatory fee. Poof there it pops up proof of it's existence. And even if your fact of most being on a spending limit account, the fee is completely avoidable. People having one at some point is irrelevant, it does not matter what they once had but what they have at the point of the change.

PS You can make a poll for this forum alone and see if the majority is on a spending limit or not... I'd be interested in that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
As far as I know, T-Mobile doesn't even have a regulatory fee on these new plans. And that $5 monthly fee for spending limit accounts is the vast majority of Sprint customers. There might be a couple here and there that don't have one- but even most of them had one at some point and got it removed over time.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Use Google and type in Tmobile regulatory fee. Poof there it pops up proof of it's existence. And even if your fact of most being on a spending limit account, the fee is completely avoidable. People having one at some point is irrelevant, it does not matter what they once had but what they have at the point of the change.

PS You can make a poll for this forum alone and see if the majority is on a spending limit or not... I'd be interested in that.
There was such a poll on howard forums a while back and it was like 90 something percent having a spending limit last time I saw it.

And of course it matters what you once had- it means anyone looking at Sprint has to factor in that fee. The only way to get out of it is to stay with Sprint for like 2 years and then have them reconsider at that point.

Or, I guess the alternatve is to give Sprint unrestricted access to you bank account. It's not like their known for horrible customer service and tons of billing issues.. /sarcasm

Yes, I know T-Mobile had regulatory fees in the past. But I am almost positive they got rid of them with their new plans. I read that they had got rid of them, but I didn't have T-Mobile so I can't verify first hand.

You seem to have the approach of "it's not on regular Sprint accounts, it's only on spending limit accounts." What you are not realizing is regular Sprint accounts ARE the spending limit accounts, and you have to be an exception in order to not have a spending limit.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-13-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Lol but doesnt t-mobile have the 5 dollar fee on each line for having flexpay!!!!

it doesnt matter.. what we say..in your eyes u are right.. your like my father in law..he always thinks he is right and doesnt care what u say..its his way or nothing.lol

thats being said..who freakn cares,lol who has what or who is cheaper etc.. enjoy what u got if u dont like move on..lol

oh and i always sell my old phones. to help with the cost of getting a new phone. thats just who i am. i waste nothing. and always look for the best deal.. again not the ave joe.lol
Old 01-13-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

There was such a poll on sprintusers that said only 13% had a spending limit. I will go with the sprintusers forum as a more accurate portrayal of sprint customers. And no, the past does not matter. I am a new sprint customer, never had your imaginary mandatory activation fee, nor the concept of a spending limit even mentioned, or any mandatory 5 dollar fee for no autopay. You can also autopay with a prepaid card, or debit card, or credit card, no need to give them your bank account. Spending limits are for people with poor credit, not your average joe. Completely irrelevant to the 'average joe' scenario you originally stated in the beginning.

Provide a link saying they got rid of them. Or a link to your poll. Or any link to provide proof behind the facts you keep stating as absolute truths. I have provided my numbers used from each of the corresponding companies with the plans you have picked, and the phones you have picked, along with the formulas used to show Sprint has lower. You keep going off the 'best of your knowledge' and things you may 'have seen in the past'

TLDR : Amounts pulled from both companies websites in the layouts specified puts Sprint cheaper for any regular joe for a 2 year period.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
Lol but doesnt t-mobile have the 5 dollar fee on each line for having flexpay!!!!

it doesnt matter.. what we say..in your eyes u are right.. your like my father in law..he always thinks he is right and doesnt care what u say..its his way or nothing.lol

thats being said..who freakn cares,lol who has what or who is cheaper etc.. enjoy what u got if u dont like move on..lol

oh and i always sell my old phones. to help with the cost of getting a new phone. thats just who i am. i waste nothing. and always look for the best deal.. again not the ave joe.lol
Flexpay? We're talking about their new plans man, not their old ones, lol.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Almost a VIP

just seeing if u caught that. nothing more.lol wasnt meant for anything but that,lol

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion