PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re:whose with me?

i got free activation also...salty im done sprint works for me..u fail to see anyones point when presented to..we get it. ur pro tmobile

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: whose with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
i got free activation also...salty im done sprint works for me..u fail to see anyones point when presented to..we get it. ur pro tmobile

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
I'm not pro anyone, or anti anyone. I just tell it like it is. This forum is full of sprint fanboys who like to claim Sprint is the proven best carrier in every imaginable way, so I tend to be the one bringing them back to reality often. But Sprint is who my service is through at the moment, so I'm obviously not anti Sprint. I'm just not silly enough to say i'll stay with Sprint even if T-mobile, who is cheaper than Sprint, comes out with a better phone than Sprint will be getting.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well of course better phones is a opinion..as with everything else..we all say.. its stupid to argue over who is cheaper blah blah.. on contract sprint is cheaper.. off contract.. tmobile is cheaper..but barely...thats is how i see it.. and im not a sprint fanboy ive tried t-mobile.. didnt work out for me..and verizon..( hell no,, plans suck ) att never..

so im back with sprint.. and sprint has never let me down..coverage wise.. cs ive had my fair share of fighting etc.. but every time it got fixed..

i dont care who has what phone.. as sprint will always get nice phones. remember its a cellphone.lol not buying a house or a car...text and data are nice. but if it came right down to it..its all bout voice... calling that is..and as it stands i can call any cell for free. so im happy..

bringing who back to reality? people who praise sprint.. its a losing battle my friend..same with the peeps who swear by the iphone..etc.. u will never win..regardless of what points and facts u have.. they in their mind have the best phone or plan etc.. so no point cause they wont listen.. just like me going back and forth with ya..( all in good fun mind u ) but being im not the average joe.. im currently with the cheapest plan the fits my needs..t-mobile couldnt.. sprint did.. same for coverage..etc..

if i live in a big city of course things would change. as i would have 4 options for carrier and contracts... but i dont and many dont.. so sprint and verizon are kings in my area for voice and revA data.. gsm sucks here..location location location...lol im out..
Old 01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I'm not pro anyone, or anti anyone. I just tell it like it is. This forum is full of sprint fanboys who like to claim Sprint is the proven best carrier in every imaginable way, so I tend to be the one bringing them back to reality often. But Sprint is who my service is through at the moment, so I'm obviously not anti Sprint. I'm just not silly enough to say i'll stay with Sprint even if T-mobile, who is cheaper than Sprint, comes out with a better phone than Sprint will be getting.
T-Mobile isn't always cheaper... Like I said in my previous post, after speaking with a TM sales rep my wife and I would be paying around $30 more a month for a comparable plan w TM...
Old 01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Almost a VIP

yes same here.. on contract for bout the same plan with sprint i would be paying alot more.. lol but he continues on bout the even more plus plans..( no contract ) but u pay full price for a phone.. which is a good deal..but hardly cheaper than sprint..on a comp plan.. but like i said some people u cant argue with cause they in their minds will always be right..lol im happy with my plan with sprint.. etc.. so im done...he is right and we are all wrong.. etc...end
Old 01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well of course better phones is a opinion..as with everything else..we all say.. its stupid to argue over who is cheaper blah blah.. on contract sprint is cheaper.. off contract.. tmobile is cheaper..but barely...thats is how i see it.. and im not a sprint fanboy ive tried t-mobile.. didnt work out for me..and verizon..( hell no,, plans suck ) att never..

so im back with sprint.. and sprint has never let me down..coverage wise.. cs ive had my fair share of fighting etc.. but every time it got fixed..

i dont care who has what phone.. as sprint will always get nice phones. remember its a cellphone.lol not buying a house or a car...text and data are nice. but if it came right down to it..its all bout voice... calling that is..and as it stands i can call any cell for free. so im happy..

bringing who back to reality? people who praise sprint.. its a losing battle my friend..same with the peeps who swear by the iphone..etc.. u will never win..regardless of what points and facts u have.. they in their mind have the best phone or plan etc.. so no point cause they wont listen.. just like me going back and forth with ya..( all in good fun mind u ) but being im not the average joe.. im currently with the cheapest plan the fits my needs..t-mobile couldnt.. sprint did.. same for coverage..etc..

if i live in a big city of course things would change. as i would have 4 options for carrier and contracts... but i dont and many dont.. so sprint and verizon are kings in my area for voice and revA data.. gsm sucks here..location location location...lol im out..
Well I never tried to argue that T-Mobile was better for YOU (or any particular person). I only jumped in when Sprint fanboys said Sprint was better for everyone, or Sprint is better than T-Mobile everywhere, or Sprint is the hands down cheapest that couldn't possibly be beat. I just bring the reality back that there are cheaper plans out there than Sprint's advertised plans, and there are plenty of places where Sprint doesn't have good service.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
T-Mobile isn't always cheaper... Like I said in my previous post, after speaking with a TM sales rep my wife and I would be paying around $30 more a month for a comparable plan w TM...
Like I have been saying- I don't know anything about your specific deal. I am comparing advertised plans. If you have some plan that is stacked with several years worth of discounts, then that probably changes the formula here. It should be noted that T-Mobile also gives discounts, and there is no telling what plan you would have after several years of discounts with them either. So it's not really a fair comparison. If you are comparing the price of your several year old Sprint plan to something, then you would have to compare it to someone's several year old T-Mobile plan to get a somewhat accurate guage.

But if you compare starting points, T-Mobile is cheaper. Comparing T-Mobile's starting point to Sprint's ending point is a different matter. Just like comparing someone's plan that has had T-Mobile for a few years now to what the Sprint website says isn't a valid comparison.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Almost a VIP

ok end of discussion..lol im happy with sprint in my area...and my price im paying..

U are correct in your stance on t-mobile vs sprint..off contract vs on contract.. t-mobile wins and is cheaper

im right in tmobile vs sprint contract vs contract.. sprint wins and is cheaper..
Old 01-12-2010, 08:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
yes same here.. on contract for bout the same plan with sprint i would be paying alot more.. lol but he continues on bout the even more plus plans..( no contract ) but u pay full price for a phone.. which is a good deal..but hardly cheaper than sprint..on a comp plan.. but like i said some people u cant argue with cause they in their minds will always be right..lol im happy with my plan with sprint.. etc.. so im done...he is right and we are all wrong.. etc...end
See, that is where you are wrong. For a COMPARABLE plan, T-Mobile is cheaper, and this is not debatable. It is a fact.

If you have a bunch of discounts at Sprint, then that is one thing. But if you are comparing like for like- as in the advertised price on the website, T-Mobile is cheaper. No debate about that.

And yes, you have to buy your phone, but it is still cheaper. You have to buy your phones on Sprint too. You keep ignoring the fact that you have to buy phones on Sprint too (and you are far more limited in selection with Sprint since they only activate Sprint branded devices).
Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Almost a VIP

are u blind,lol

U are correct in your stance on t-mobile vs sprint..off contract vs on contract.. t-mobile wins and is cheaper off contract t-mobile is cheaper by a few bucks u win

im right in tmobile vs sprint contract vs contract.. sprint wins and is cheaper.. on contract meaning t-mobile even more.. family 1500 is 79 a month.. plus 30 + 30 for data on 2 lines..then 10 + 10 for unlimited text.. that 150 before taxes. with tmobile..

sprint is 129.99 thats the pricing where sprint is cheaper.. on contract 129 vs 150..for the same plans.. ON CONTRACT sprint is cheaper thats without taxes or discounts etc..

and like u i just went to both sites and compared the plan i have vs the same plan with t-mobile plus the extra 80 bucks u have to add for unlimited text ad data for 2 lines...both contract plans.. i said above off contract t-mobile wins and is cheaper than sprint..etc.. though not by much it is cheaper..

Last edited by spiritcrusher33; 01-12-2010 at 08:17 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion