PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: whose with me?

Well OP, looks like you're on your own! lol
Old 01-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

No. It comes down to money, pure and simple.

Verizon costs significantly more. At the moment, there is no device I am willing to pay THAT MUCH more for on Verizon.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

@ SaltyDawg:

Do you work for T-Mobile? I haven't seen that kind of rabid fanboy-ism since the last time I posted an inflamatory Apple statement on my Facebook status.

The Imagio is nothing special. It's basically a diamond with a bigger screen. Whoa. "Srsly! 4 Rlz!?"

Palm Pre and Pixi for Verizon are the exact same phones with the addition of wifi that Sprint has had. Again, nothing special.

AT&T may have ANNOUNCED Android phones, but still do not have them, so yeah. Again, the Diamond 2 or Pure or whatever...not impressive. It's the SAME HARDWARE WE HAVE HAD FOR YEARS!

Go ahead and compare Sprint's 3g map to T-Mobile's. I JUST looked at them side by side, and Sprint's is still better.

Go back to your mall kiosk and sell some T-Mobile phones all ready.

In all seriousness, I am just busting your balls. Don't flip out. We're all friends here.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
@ SaltyDawg:

Do you work for T-Mobile? I haven't seen that kind of rabid fanboy-ism since the last time I posted an inflamatory Apple statement on my Facebook status.

The Imagio is nothing special. It's basically a diamond with a bigger screen. Whoa. "Srsly! 4 Rlz!?"

Palm Pre and Pixi for Verizon are the exact same phones with the addition of wifi that Sprint has had. Again, nothing special.

AT&T may have ANNOUNCED Android phones, but still do not have them, so yeah. Again, the Diamond 2 or Pure or whatever...not impressive. It's the SAME HARDWARE WE HAVE HAD FOR YEARS!

Go ahead and compare Sprint's 3g map to T-Mobile's. I JUST looked at them side by side, and Sprint's is still better.

In all seriousness, I am just busting your balls. Don't flip out. We're all friends here.

well verizon getting the palm pre plu just double the internal memory nothing to big.. lol Tmobile sucks but their getting better devices and thats what most people care about that a company is keeping up with technology sprint is when it comes to 4g but handsets they suck and their customers are taking notice their not getting anything worth while.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
@ SaltyDawg:

If I worked for T-Mobile, I probably wouldn't have Sprint service right now. I'm not a fanboy, I'm just informed and tell it like it is. There is a reason millions of people sign up for T-Mobile every quarter, while millions of people leave Sprint every quarter.

And it is NOT the same hardware in the Imagio and the Diamond, LOL, hillarious.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
If I worked for T-Mobile, I probably wouldn't have Sprint service right now. I'm not a fanboy, I'm just informed and tell it like it is. There is a reason millions of people sign up for T-Mobile every quarter, while millions of people leave Sprint every quarter.

And it is NOT the same hardware in the Imagio and the Diamond, LOL, hillarious.
You're right...the Imagio has a better camera and 256mb more Ram. Whoa.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

My friend worked for T-Mobile and had Verizon Wireless for per personal phone.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
You're right...the Imagio has a better camera and 256mb more Ram. Whoa.
Both of those sound like some pretty major upgrades to me.

EDIT:
I just had to come back and point out that you are full of it. The Imagio is WAY better than the Diamond. See a comparison here:
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer

For starters, it has a better camera and more RAM. It also has more ROM, a bigger screen, better screen resolution (WVGA), a 3.5mm jack, GSM world mode, MicroSD slot, FM radio, and a better battery.

It's a MAJOR upgrade over the Diamond hardware.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-10-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

hey salty.. got a question? ( just to continue on our t-mobile rant )

If its 10 bucks cheaper.. with the even more plus plans.. wouldnt it be more if u pay off the phone in monthly installment? like 20 or 30 bucks extra a month? and what happens if that customer decides 3 months down the road he want to go to att or verizon or sprint..sure he can leave.. but wont he be responsible for the rest of that phones price?

Not to mention most people go for contract plan for the free or close to free phones.. so in reality tmobile would still be more expensive that way.. U gotta remember..tmobile is number 4 for a reason..and i dont see them moving past sprint anytime soon. unless they move that nice network out to people in rural areas..like verizon and sprint.. at least in texas.. more and more people are moving out to the country to get away from the big city.. all around me in a 30 mile radius houses are being built like crazy.. but tmobile and att coverage sucks out here..so what will they do about that.. cause the rural areas are the future as that is where the most growth will be in the next 5 to 10 years.... they move out here. and drive 30 miles to work.. etc..

im sure in other states is diff.. but in texas.. most people live in the country or rural areas.. sprint and verizon have u covered... att does but mostly edge.. and t-mobile sorta does..lol if not u roam on att. for free. but u get my point..

now im in no way bashing tmobile.. I loved the service everywhere but my house.. and around it..and when in mesquite area bout 35 miles from my house.. 3g rocked... my tp2 rocked.. but still wasnt as fast as my sprint service at my house.. i get 1.5 and up on the dl. and 600 and up on upload. and its never slower..

anyway.. rant over once again..
Old 01-10-2010, 01:29 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im thinking about it, but there isnt a plan/phone combo opportunity that interests me enough to actually pull the trigger...

1- No verizon in Puerto Rico so Droid and Pre Plus is out of the equation (sigh...)

2- HOW MUCH FOR AN IPHONE PLAN!!!???? pass.....

3- No Nexus One in Puerto Rico T-Mobile yet... so time might run out when it does

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion