PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SIM CARD & Andriod???

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
arrrghh, Sprint Touch Pro2 SIM comes unlocked. Maybe the phone is in CDMA only mode?

OP, try changing the Network mode to Global in the Windows settings.
Really? I thought the SIM slot was locked up. Is it VZ only that locks theirs...? I've never tried putting a SIM in my phone...
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Don't think that will work in our case as network mode is set in the startup text unlike a native android device.

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
Maybe in Haret, but it ought to work in NAND.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Really? I thought the SIM slot was locked up. Is it VZ only that locks theirs...? I've never tried putting a SIM in my phone...
Sprint TP2 is locked only to prevent AT&T/TMobile and other US sim cards from being inserted. All foreign SIM cards should work without unlock, since the idea is that it's a global roaming phone.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Sprint TP2 is locked only to prevent AT&T/TMobile and other US sim cards from being inserted. All foreign SIM cards should work without unlock, since the idea is that it's a global roaming phone.
I was under the impression that Sprint wanted you to pay $$$ to use the phone internationally, and that only their SIM would work if the slot was still locked.

Again, haven't tried it so I don't actually know.... Wish I traveled abroad more so I could test it .
Old 02-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

Sorry, my previous post was wrong, force_cdma=0 for GSM mode... I shouldn't post late at night like that . You can also remove the value like previously mentioned, the default is 0.[/QUOTE]

its work for me Force_cdma=0..on first turn on its work just fine make calls send sms every thing...after a 10 min it stop make calls and when i call my phone its ring but the phone NOT HERE!!!!! but still showing service...somebody says about deleting the cdma moudles??? do anybody know which ones or what to do help please
Old 02-01-2011, 05:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I shouldn't post late at night... Being drunk probably doesn't help either .
thanks ahhhh (that's what they call you now, right?).... awesome lol
Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
its work for me Force_cdma=0..on first turn on its work just fine make calls send sms every thing...after a 10 min it stop make calls and when i call my phone its ring but the phone NOT HERE!!!!! but still showing service...somebody says about deleting the cdma moudles??? do anybody know which ones or what to do help please
There's no "CDMA Modules" to be deleted AFAIK. Heck, I have a CDMA phone and in my logs I see a bunch of crap where Android is trying to force it to use GSM commands...

But 10 mins, that seems odd. You're doing something else wrong I would imagine, I just don't know what. Are you fully updated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
thanks ahhhh (that's what they call you now, right?).... awesome lol
Hahaha, evidently that is my new name .
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yes fully updated FULL package its not 10 min what i mean after a wile and i done nothing just leaving the phone on sleep mode i tried to call the phone dosnt ring and to do calls dosnt call????!!!!! thats all.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
yes fully updated FULL package its not 10 min what i mean after a wile and i done nothing just leaving the phone on sleep mode i tried to call the phone dosnt ring and to do calls dosnt call????!!!!! thats all.
Oh, if it's more then 10 minutes then it's a known issue. I thought you meant every 10 minutes it was disconnecting.

I don't know what causes it, but I know our RIL code probably needs some serious work. I see a bunch of GSM garbage that my phone outright rejects, as it's being used as a CDMA device. Not sure what's happening in your logs, it'd be pretty humorous if it was forcing that radio to use CDMA commands, but I seriously doubt it - most of the devs have GSM, and I believe all of the RIL programmers we have are GSM.

But basically it is a known issue. Sometimes the radio just seems to flake out and not work... Sometimes you just lose data, or it gets hung. C'est la vie, there's a ton of bugs we're trying to squash at the moment.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

so there no fix for it right know??? just go back to windows??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2