PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SIM CARD & Andriod???

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
so there no fix for it right know??? just go back to windows??
This isn't meant to replace WinMo - if you think it can at this stage, you're kidding yourself.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

adam1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

haha....so guys will be there a fix for that?? left my hopes up SAY YES
Old 02-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
haha....so guys will be there a fix for that?? left my hopes up SAY YES
Well in theory there will be a fix for everything, assuming we can find the root cause of the problem.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Like I said, look at how the Motorola Droid 2 Global and Droid Pro work as duel CDMA/GSM devices.

If such an implementation can be done with the TP2 CDMA in NAND only, then ok. If it can be done on Haret or NAND, then hell yes.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
Like I said, look at how the Motorola Droid 2 Global and Droid Pro work as duel CDMA/GSM devices.

If such an implementation can be done with the TP2 CDMA in NAND only, then ok. If it can be done on Haret or NAND, then hell yes.
I don't think their code is open dude - do you have a repo or the docs?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

isnt our Android Port from the Nexus? and some of the code from the vogue? (idk what Vogue Linux means if you read while its loading up, so pardon my assumption lol)

if the Nexus doesnt support international or dual GSM/CDMA than i would expect that the TP2 ports never will either... wouldnt someone have to completly write/code in that ability and such, commit it, then it would get out for Mass use?

Im just saying that I dont think its just something that "isnt working".. I think its something thats not even there to begin with because of the Source of our Port.. lemme know if Im way off here guys... self-admittedly Im no Android expert by any means.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
isnt our Android Port from the Nexus? and some of the code from the vogue? (idk what Vogue Linux means if you read while its loading up, so pardon my assumption lol)

if the Nexus doesnt support international or dual GSM/CDMA than i would expect that the TP2 ports never will either... wouldnt someone have to completly write/code in that ability and such, commit it, then it would get out for Mass use?

Im just saying that I dont think its just something that "isnt working".. I think its something thats not even there to begin with because of the Source of our Port.. lemme know if Im way off here guys... self-admittedly Im no Android expert by any means.
Our port is a giant hodge-podge, with some of the RIL coming over from Vogue.

The port itself isn't necessairly from the N1 - we just pull our system images from AOSP, which the N1 runs. We just tweak it to work on our phones.

There's a lot of other code we borrow like from the Legend, etc. I'm not entirely sure either, all I know is we pillage code wherever we can and somehow the amazing devs make it work.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Our port is a giant hodge-podge,

all I know is we pillage code wherever we can and somehow the amazing devs make it work.
and boy are we grateful for that!

Im trying to convince my gf now that mobile is the way to go... after angry birds makin a Million A Day for a minute there, Im convinced I need to take my decent little startup knowledge and get in something as simple as an ITT Tech or something and start learning some real programming skills and such..

i feel bad sitting around and waiting for ANdroid things to happen.. MMS aside, because ive tried what i could for that..
Old 02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
and boy are we grateful for that!

Im trying to convince my gf now that mobile is the way to go... after angry birds makin a Million A Day for a minute there, Im convinced I need to take my decent little startup knowledge and get in something as simple as an ITT Tech or something and start learning some real programming skills and such..

i feel bad sitting around and waiting for ANdroid things to happen.. MMS aside, because ive tried what i could for that..
All I can say is, mobile phone programming is VERY different from programming on a PC.

Not that the concepts don't apply to mobiles, there's just a lot more to worry about in a mobile phone then there is on a PC.

I know several programming languages (although I'm far from 'fluent' in any...) and while a lot of the same languages are used in mobiles, the sheer amount of stuff to worry about hurts my head - RIL for the radio, BT, wifi, etc etc etc. A lot more to concern yourself with, normal programming you are just concerned about the UI or the code being clean/efficient.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
the sheer amount of stuff to worry about hurts my head - RIL for the radio, BT, wifi, etc etc etc. A lot more to concern yourself with, normal programming you are just concerned about the UI or the code being clean/efficient.
right!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2