PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1/25 Custom rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home button for Rhod40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technix2002 View Post
Yep, that is the exact keyboard I have. The other differences to note is that on the Verizon Touch Pro 2: the end call key is also the power button. Top button is just screen off/sleep in Windows Mobile.

I was actually totally okay with the original XAndroid button configuration: top button (Home and recent apps) and call end key also just being the power key.

Thanks for the help!
Okay, I have a test version for a Rhod500 user to try.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I need someone to tell me if all the keys are functioning as expected. Buttons to try are:
  • Power on/home
  • Power off/End call
  • Rear mute for in call muting
  • SYM for opening the symbols page
  • Mailbox for @
  • Star for search
  • Nothing wakes other than the power on button and sliding open the keyboard
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started
Talking Re: 1/25 Custom rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home button for Rhod40

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Okay, I have a test version for a Rhod500 user to try.

I need someone to tell me if all the keys are functioning as expected. Buttons to try are:
  • Power on/home
  • Power off/End call
  • Rear mute for in call muting
  • SYM for opening the symbols page
  • Mailbox for @
  • Star for search
  • Nothing wakes other than the power on button and sliding open the keyboard
This is awesome! It is working on my Verizon TP2 just as I would have hoped for.

The most important functions work perfectly:

End call = ends call and I got it set in Spare parts for sleep
Top button = Home, Recent (held), and wake

Not as important to me, but just wanted to let you know what they are doing:
SYM = @
Mail = Search
Star = nothing
Rear mute = works as intended

Just incredible, thanks!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: 1/25 Custom rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home button for Rhod40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technix2002 View Post
This is awesome! It is working on my Verizon TP2 just as I would have hoped for.

The most important functions work perfectly:

End call = ends call and I got it set in Spare parts for sleep
Top button = Home, Recent (held), and wake

Not as important to me, but just wanted to let you know what they are doing:
SYM = @
Mail = Search
Star = nothing
Rear mute = works as intended

Just incredible, thanks!
Thanks for the feedback, I think I got the SYM, Mail, and Star keyboard keys fixed. If you or another Rhod500 user could test that'd be cool:

Oh and by the way, you shouldn't have to set end call to do anything in Spare Parts. Default works perfectly to sleep.

Last edited by manekineko; 01-28-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Hey, this sounds pretty cool. Can you do a setup for rhod210? In addition to the envelope key and SYM key, can you make the Ctrl key work as Ctrl?

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: 1/28 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home CDMA TP2 ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
Hey, this sounds pretty cool. Can you do a setup for rhod210? In addition to the envelope key and SYM key, can you make the Ctrl key work as Ctrl?

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
Here you go, I added rhod210 compatibility!
test version

Here's how I set it up:
  • Power and home and end call are setup like on the others, and power is the only button that will wake the phone
  • Be sure to check that rear mute for in call muting works, since the official keymap file was setup a little different for this one for the Rhod210
  • Envelope for @
  • SYM above comma opens the symbols page
  • Ctrl is set to pressing the center button in the dpad (which we don't have on our TP2's). Android apps that use Ctrl such as terminal emulators generally interpret this as Ctrl. In a way, I think this might be better as a search button, since the hotkeys with the keyboard are pretty sweet. But since it's labeled Ctrl and you asked for Ctrl you got Ctrl.

Be sure to let me know if everything is working as it should!

Last edited by manekineko; 01-30-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Re: 1/30 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/

Ok, Ctrl works (terrific!), and Envelope works for @. Alt-Sym doesn't bring up the symbol menu for me. (But I've only tried in Connectbot, not Terminal, dunno if they would behave differently.)

That is, Alt-comma is where "Sym" is, for me it just gives a comma. And not sure if it's worth anything, but Alt-period is "SMS" for me - is it worth mapping this to Search like the other keyboards?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: 1/30 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
Ok, Ctrl works (terrific!), and Envelope works for @. Alt-Sym doesn't bring up the symbol menu for me. (But I've only tried in Connectbot, not Terminal, dunno if they would behave differently.)

That is, Alt-comma is where "Sym" is, for me it just gives a comma. And not sure if it's worth anything, but Alt-period is "SMS" for me - is it worth mapping this to Search like the other keyboards?
That's pretty puzzling to me. Can you bring up a regular Android app that has a text box, like Search, and try and press Alt-comma to bring up Sym? I double checked and it's already set to that.

Unfortunately, due to the way Google wrote Android, it's not possible to set Search to an Alt-'something else' key. It's either on its own keyboard key or nothing.

I assume everything else worked fine like home right?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

manekineko great work man

works perfectly on my rhod400

Thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 04:06 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Nice work manekineko. Anyway to create a tab key? As you know, the tab key is good for navigating web forms and is good if you use the terminal app to complete filename/directory name under Linux.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Nice work manekineko. Anyway to create a tab key? As you know, the tab key is good for navigating web forms and is good if you use the terminal app to complete filename/directory name under Linux.
Good idea! Uploaded a new version and added tab as fn-space for all supported devices.
Download

Unfortunately, this is less useful than I had hoped. Android keyboards don't have a tab key, so Android apps are too stupid to know what to do with it. Browser will actually type in a tab in a form instead of moving to the next field. Auto-complete doesn't work in terminal emulator.

I think if you use SSH though, it should work there. Let me know if it does or doesn't. That and maybe document editing ended up being the only thing it's really useful for I think.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2