PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2/9 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
this works great, but i had to go and set my end key to sleep in spare parts. could this be caused since i already had spare parts set to home before and just loaded the rootfs file and booted with that configuration? aside from that great work

my only request would be copy and paste as key shortcuts, but thats just cause i have it set like that in winmo, tab is nice to have for ssh though
Yup, your previous mapping should be the cause of that.

Unfortunately, Android is actually quite limited in the functions that can be mapped to keys, and copy and paste aren't in there. You can take a look at all possible key functions (with the exception of the special symbol key which was a trick that F22 taught me) here:
KeyEvent | Android Developers
Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: 2/10 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/

Updated to the latest XDAndroid base rootfs (20110210-2cb7ec0), which includes a fix for a memory leak.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:10 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 2/10 patched rootfs: More working keyboard keys and classic home for Rhod210/400/

Thanks for the tab key.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

Love it. Any way (without major changes) to map the end key to home and app switcher and the power button to power/end call? Just seems easier for me to hit the call end button with my thumb to close/switch apps seeing as how much I use that versus shutting the phone off and ending calls. Just curious! Like I said, I love it, thanks a ton.

+

= <3
Old 02-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
Love it. Any way (without major changes) to map the end key to home and app switcher and the power button to power/end call? Just seems easier for me to hit the call end button with my thumb to close/switch apps seeing as how much I use that versus shutting the phone off and ending calls. Just curious! Like I said, I love it, thanks a ton.
Yup, try F22's rootfs, which works the way you describe:
New Rhodium Key Maps & Layouts - Latest Rootfs (Feb 13th, 2011) - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work
Thanks a bunch..I'll thank when I'm at a laptop! Just what I needed

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey manekineko, I'm going to try to play around with your rootfs and remap some button keys... for the most part I like it a lot but for whatever reason, I always press the End button to go to the home screen... I'm going to see if I can remap the sleep function back to the power button. What file(s) in rootfs.img contains the settings? Gonna mount the rootfs.img under my Ubuntu and play around with it. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Hey manekineko, I'm going to try to play around with your rootfs and remap some button keys... for the most part I like it a lot but for whatever reason, I always press the End button to go to the home screen... I'm going to see if I can remap the sleep function back to the power button. What file(s) in rootfs.img contains the settings? Gonna mount the rootfs.img under my Ubuntu and play around with it. Thanks!
Look under init.etc/keymaps for the files that correspond to your device. All of the files follow a certain pattern. For example, for the rhod400, these files are:
rhod400_navi_pad.kl: The name is a misnomer, this file contains layouts for the hard buttons handled by gpio.
rhod400_microp-keypad.kl: This file contains layouts for everything else, which are handled by the microp.
rhod400_microp-keypad.kcm: This file contains mappings that define what keyboard keycodes can be used by the keyboard. This one will not take effect until it is compiled into rhod400_microp-keypad.kcm.bin by the program kcm which is normally compiled as part of the AOSP. I've attached a copy compiled for 32-bit Linux in case you don't want to download and compile all of AOSP for this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kcm.zip (34.9 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Look under init.etc/keymaps for the files that correspond to your device. All of the files follow a certain pattern. For example, for the rhod400, these files are:
rhod400_navi_pad.kl: The name is a misnomer, this file contains layouts for the hard buttons handled by gpio.
rhod400_microp-keypad.kl: This file contains layouts for everything else, which are handled by the microp.
rhod400_microp-keypad.kcm: This file contains mappings that define what keyboard keycodes can be used by the keyboard. This one will not take effect until it is compiled into rhod400_microp-keypad.kcm.bin by the program kcm which is normally compiled as part of the AOSP. I've attached a copy compiled for 32-bit Linux in case you don't want to download and compile all of AOSP for this.
Thanks a lot!!! Are one of the guys that ACL invited to cook up some NAND stuff? I would have love to help out but I'm just way too darn busy.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Thanks a lot!!! Are one of the guys that ACL invited to cook up some NAND stuff? I would have love to help out but I'm just way too darn busy.
Happy to help. I assume you meant to include a "you" in that question?

The answer to that is nope, unfortunately. I'd love to take the time to delve deeper into Android in the future, but I'm pretty busy too, and at the moment, I just don't know enough to add anything useful by making my own build.

I mainly try and help every now and then by finding issues present in the main XDAndroid build and kicking back solutions if I can find them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2