PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3d driver for testing with gralloc. UPDATED 11.29.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
ACL.
COULD THIS BE POSSIBLE. a new framebuffer?. THANKS
I'm already running a new frame buffer from .35 kernel. Its not that big of a change but it does allow us to get up to date code from google directly.

Right now i'm narrowing down where the bottle neck is with the framebuffer. Bottom line is we need to reach about ~32ms to render each frame so we can get at least 30fps. Right now we are probably close to 50ms for each frame.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
ACL.
COULD THIS BE POSSIBLE. a new framebuffer?. THANKS
sorry what I meant to say is would we have to update to .35 framebuffer before we get anymore improvements and thanks for everything you are doing.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey acl is that the new framebuffer you are running on nand? just curious is 30 fps really snappy?
Old 12-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by [acl] View Post
i'm already running a new frame buffer from .35 kernel. Its not that big of a change but it does allow us to get up to date code from google directly.

Right now i'm narrowing down where the bottle neck is with the framebuffer. Bottom line is we need to reach about ~32ms to render each frame so we can get at least 30fps. Right now we are probably close to 50ms for each frame.
thank you. You awesome
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey acl is that the new framebuffer you are running on nand? just curious is 30 fps really snappy?
yeah its nand.. but im not able to get 30 yet (thats my goal).

Also anyone know if wince has vsync enabled or disabled by default? wondering if we are being capped by the vsycn
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Hey guys, how about internal memory access now? is Android will run much better if we gain more RAM by remove some from WinMo and get everything load directly from internal memory instead of SDCard? BTW apps will load much faster combine with this driver IMO.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
Hey guys, how about internal memory access now? is Android will run much better if we gain more RAM by remove some from WinMo and get everything load directly from internal memory instead of SDCard? BTW apps will load much faster combine with this driver IMO.
The NAND boot isn't really a full NAND... still depends on the SD card pretty heavily. I'm assuming that's what you mean by 'internal memory access'...

With that said, we won't gain any additional RAM. Haret boots WinMo out of memory - there's nothing left of WinMo when Android is started.

Apps loading faster... I guess it's possible that with improved 3d apps don't have to work as hard to startup... But that would only apply to a few apps I would think. I don't think the majority use any 3d... I'm not positive on that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Phenomenal job tiad8. I can confirm that with your build.prop loaded, Angry Birds Lite 1.3.5 Beta 2 loads and plays. It's significantly faster than Angry Birds Full, playable, though not exactly silky smooth. Some textures still appear to be missing, i.e. backgrounds.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Phenomenal job tiad8. I can confirm that with your build.prop loaded, Angry Birds Lite 1.3.5 Beta 2 loads and plays. It's significantly faster than Angry Birds Full, playable, though not exactly silky smooth. Some textures still appear to be missing, i.e. backgrounds.

for best performance. speed, stable, and fast. i used 3d driver 11.26 and gralloc 11.30 (and the build.prop). frx03 overall is very stable. thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
for best performance. speed, stable, and fast. i used 3d driver 11.26 and gralloc 11.30 (and the build.prop). frx03 overall is very stable. thanks
Thanks, I'll try the 11/26 driver later.

Right now I'm using 11/29 driver, 11/30 gralloc, and 12/1 build.prop. Without a doubt, performance is much, much better over stock FRX03, no chance of this being placebo.

OpenTyrian on detail settings low went from being borderline unplayable to fairly smooth and totally playable. In OpenTyrian, flying the ship with the stylus and autofiring with the keyboard is an amazing experience. Maybe one of the few games out there where our TP2's might have the world's best control scheme, with no fingers in the way blocking the screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2