View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3d driver for testing with gralloc. UPDATED 11.29.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
Hey guys, how about internal memory access now? is Android will run much better if we gain more RAM by remove some from WinMo and get everything load directly from internal memory instead of SDCard? BTW apps will load much faster combine with this driver IMO.
The NAND boot isn't really a full NAND... still depends on the SD card pretty heavily. I'm assuming that's what you mean by 'internal memory access'...

With that said, we won't gain any additional RAM. Haret boots WinMo out of memory - there's nothing left of WinMo when Android is started.

Apps loading faster... I guess it's possible that with improved 3d apps don't have to work as hard to startup... But that would only apply to a few apps I would think. I don't think the majority use any 3d... I'm not positive on that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.