PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
OK, if you could, please try creating a new fullbuild.sh based on the updates I just made. I made sure that all pathing is correct regardless of where you launch the script from, and as long as you specify the locations of your sources in the beginning, it will work perfectly.

I tested moving my sources around, tested the new script, and compiling was still successful
Worked like a charm! Great job!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Worked like a charm! Great job!
Awesome. Now that we've got this working, I'll start going through some of the significant files that you might want to modify. Early tomorrow I'll try to add more to the second post about the tinboot2.S file and init for rootfs. There's a few simple modifications you can do to change things for your liking, and hopefully I'll learn a few new things in the process
Old 10-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: TMo US

edwill is a n00b

I have to let it go at this point. Followed the instructions to the letter. I have gone through the compiler multiple times and I get nothing. Just for FYI this is the final output from the compiler:

Quote:
Outputting modules to /home/edouble/android/output/sdcard
Start compiling tinboot/xip for rhod210.....
Inserting tinboot into payload
Inserting blank imgfs into payload
Creating os.nb portion of nbh
Creating NBH
updating: output/ (stored 0%)
updating: output/ruu_signed.NBH (deflated 10%)
updating: output/sdcard/ (stored 0%)
updating: output/sdcard/modules-2.6.27.46-01205-gf696d55.tar.gz (deflated 1%)
Thing is the referring files are empty. I know im doing something wrong so Im going to let it go. I will try the prebuilt NHB play with that. Keep up the work guys....
Old 10-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwill View Post
I have to let it go at this point. Followed the instructions to the letter. I have gone through the compiler multiple times and I get nothing. Just for FYI this is the final output from the compiler:

Thing is the referring files are empty. I know im doing something wrong so Im going to let it go. I will try the prebuilt NHB play with that. Keep up the work guys....
Check in your Android folder for a zip file. Or if you made a Dropbox folder check in there.
Everything looks fine from what you have showed.

Good luck!
Old 10-30-2010, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Check in your Android folder for a zip file. Or if you made a Dropbox folder check in there.
Everything looks fine from what you have showed.

Good luck!
Yeah, I'll put an echo at the end of the script to say where it is moving the files to. I love getting a chance to make this a little more user friendly

Edit: Script has been updated Also fixed an issue where the sdcard folder may not have been created if you already had the output folder but not the sdcard folder.

Last edited by natemcnutty; 10-30-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor

what happens if you replace the blank filesystem with the rootfs.img? im going to experiment with this =P i guess there would be code in the kernel to not look for that file then... hmm...we shall play around and see what happens...

edit:
haha, thats a stupid idea... the initrd will still look for the rootfs on the SD card... hmm... i wonder if tinboot needs to be modded in any way for it to put the rootfs on the nand...

Last edited by pts69666; 10-30-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

I would assume you would need to merge the rootfs into the nbh file with tinboot. How it would be addressed I am unsure. Then you need to worry about the system.ext2 and data.img. I am sure someone that does custom android roms for other phones can give an idea how to cook this.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
I would assume you would need to merge the rootfs into the nbh file with tinboot. How it would be addressed I am unsure. Then you need to worry about the system.ext2 and data.img. I am sure someone that does custom android roms for other phones can give an idea how to cook this.
right, but on the other phones, the bootloader that is already on the phone allocates all that already. that is something they don't have to worry about. and if i'm not mistaken, rootfs.img would mount to the "/" directory and the data.img would mount to the "/data/" directory. idk where system.ext2 would mount...

but anyway, it might have to be different partitions on the nand. I think that when the NHB gets written to the nand, the .img/.bin file gets written as a pseudo-partition. just have to get the phone to know its there xD
Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
Yeah, it's more of the changes to initrd and other components that rely on rootfs that I'm curious about. I know how to use yang to add it to the NBH, it's actually referencing it that I don't know how to do
Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Yeah, it's more of the changes to initrd and other components that rely on rootfs that I'm curious about. I know how to use yang to add it to the NBH, it's actually referencing it that I don't know how to do
How did the Vogue Devs do it? It seems that they are the reference for any other device because it was the first. =P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2