PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 PM
deelirium's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Reputation: 5
deelirium is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Phone call sound only works 50% of time / Updating Android

I've searched this forum and haven't found anyone who has this problem since they've gotten sound to work on Android for the TP2.

When I receive or send calls, about 50% of the time the sound will not work at all. For example, if I call someone, I won't even hear the dial tone. If I do immediately hear the dial tone, the call works fine. When receiving a call, I'll pick up and hear nothing.

I've tried the trick of calling voicemail while in Windows Mobile, then putting on speakerphone, then booting Android. This didn't solve the problem.

I'm running the stock Froyo from Project Android and I've run the update tool from the WM startup utility.

And a side question... If I want to switch to the BLAZN build, how do I do this without losing all the preferences and setup I've done on my current build?

I hope I can fix this problem! Everything else about Android is a thousand times better than WinMo, but if I can't trust that the phone will function, it's kind of a dealbreaker.

Last edited by deelirium; 09-29-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
coolsilver's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 233
Reputation: 125
coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone call sound only works 50% of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelirium View Post
I've searched this forum and haven't found anyone who has this problem since they've gotten sound to work on Android for the TP2.

When I receive or send calls, about 50% of the time the sound will not work at all. For example, if I call someone, I won't even hear the dial tone. If I do immediately hear the dial tone, the call works fine. When receiving a call, I'll pick up and hear nothing.

I've tried the trick of calling voicemail while in Windows Mobile, then putting on speakerphone, then booting Android. This didn't solve the problem.

I'm running the stock Froyo from Project Android and I've run the update tool from the WM startup utility.

And a side question... If I want to switch to the BLAZN build, how do I do this without losing all the preferences and setup I've done on my current build?

I hope I can fix this problem! Everything else about Android is a thousand times better than WinMo, but if I can't trust that the phone will function, it's kind of a dealbreaker.
Don't run the old update utility. It doesn't properly update your zImage and Modules.

I would backup your Data.IMG file before switching to the new build. I would probably bet going to the Blazn build from Reference you MAY be ok. Going from Blazn to REF, probably will fail and need to rebuild it all with new Data.IMG.

Overall update your build. It probably will resolve your issue. Plus there is a NEW Updater!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Aquos1's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23
Reputation: 15
Aquos1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone call sound only works 50% of time

I have this problem too...
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
deelirium's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Reputation: 5
deelirium is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone call sound only works 50% of time

Thanks for your response. I ran the update utility with the zImage and Modules option off, since I knew those wouldn't update properly.

To update to BLAZN without losing all of my setup, do I just copy and paste the latest files from the .rar onto my SD card, replacing the reference build files? Or do I backup my Data.IMG, format my SD card, place the BLAZN files on the SD card, and then place the Data.IMG back on there?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
coolsilver's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 233
Reputation: 125
coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The zImage and Modules are the kernel. That is what you DO need to update at minimum to fix the sound issue.

ALWAYS backup your data.img regardless of what build because not every build will work with the old settings.

backup your apps and things with Titanium Backup or similar app
Backup Data.img
Delete old build entirely except data.img
Put new build on
Double check startup.txt for keyboard map and other settings like turning ON Hardware 3d option
Boot.


If it fails to boot in 10 minutes or reboots to windows, delete your data.img and start from scratch. Reinstall your apps as the restoring them may break the settings your new data.img.

Restore at your own risk, not everything will restore.


Sent from my HTC Touch Pro 2 on Android with Tapatalk Pro.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 08:49 PM
deelirium's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Reputation: 5
deelirium is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone call sound only works 50% of time / Updating Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
Backup Data.img
Delete old build entirely except data.img
Put new build on
Double check startup.txt for keyboard map and other settings like turning ON Hardware 3d option
Boot.
I followed these steps to update to the newest BLAZN build. Booted perfectly, with all settings, desktop, etc. in tact.

I asked a friend to call to test my phone. I answered, and couldn't hear anything. He said he could hear me, though.

Also, I downloaded Titanium Backup, and I have no idea where the 'Backup' or any similar button is. Does this relate to the fact that Android doesn't recognize my SD card (except in Astro file manager)?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 10:51 PM
coolsilver's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 233
Reputation: 125
coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone call sound only works 50% of time / Updating Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelirium View Post
I followed these steps to update to the newest BLAZN build. Booted perfectly, with all settings, desktop, etc. in tact.

I asked a friend to call to test my phone. I answered, and couldn't hear anything. He said he could hear me, though.

Also, I downloaded Titanium Backup, and I have no idea where the 'Backup' or any similar button is. Does this relate to the fact that Android doesn't recognize my SD card (except in Astro file manager)?

Great that your settings ported ok. Are you overclocking Windows Mobile at all? Are you booting normally or in a call still. I would also take a look at your startup.txt and make sure there isn't anything for the external speaker listed.

Titanium backup has a backup restore tab. You can backup individual apps and settings or hit the menu button (Windows button) and select batch to backup more than one item at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 AM
pirapan's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Tmobile
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
Reputation: 10
pirapan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone call sound only works 50% of time / Updating Android

I have the same problem. My current workaround is to bring up the menu during a phonecall and turn on/off the speakerphone, then it works okay only for the call. I know it's such a trouble, I am thing going back to WM until I know what it is.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
JWise1203's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
Reputation: 70
JWise1203 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone call sound only works 50% of time / Updating Android

I am having the exact same problem as well. I can only hear phone calls about 50% of the time. My data connection also stops working every now and then ... most of the time putting the phone in airplane mode for a few seconds fixes it.

I am running the 9/29 build of BLAZN.
__________________
Verizon Touch Pro 2
Android v2.2 Froyo: BLAZN (RAR version)
Project Android Rocks!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2010, 11:38 AM
coolsilver's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 233
Reputation: 125
coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which phone models. Seems like RHOD400 (sprint) had been having some issues based on reports in Reefer's thread.

I have a RHOD500 (verizon)

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro 2 on Android with Tapatalk Pro.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, call, phone, sound, update

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com