PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone gotten Angry Birds Lite to work on TP2?

I've tried angry birds on every build for the last month or two lol, hasn't worked once. I get a black screen, then goes back to the app drawer or home screen :/
Old 11-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
I've tried angry birds on every build for the last month or two lol, hasn't worked once. I get a black screen, then goes back to the app drawer or home screen :/
Are you using the release version of Angry Birds? I had the problem you are describing until upgrading to the release version.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dub24 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dub24

I have gotten the GetJar version (ver 1.3.5 i believe) to work on the latest Blazin build from 11/01.

Just go to m.getjar.com from the Android browser and search for "Angry Birds". Download and install

It is a little choppy and some of the graphics don't display properly but it is usable.

Have fun!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Are you using the release version of Angry Birds? I had the problem you are describing until upgrading to the release version.
ya, I've tried 3 or 4 different versions actually, none work. most games don't work in fact, i have no trouble with apps or system stability. I'm always running the latest android build and have hardware3d on. anyone know why my tp2 sucks????
Old 11-19-2010, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
ya, I've tried 3 or 4 different versions actually, none work. most games don't work in fact, i have no trouble with apps or system stability. I'm always running the latest android build and have hardware3d on. anyone know why my tp2 sucks????
ask for a refund :-p
Old 11-19-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

played it on mine today.... lol i can have acore issues left and right but it works just fine.... though it isn't as fast as playing it on something with a faster framerate
Old 11-23-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

thayer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

If I were in your shoes I would wipe and reformat my card, download the latest reference rar. Correct the startup script. and then download angry birds from the market.

In my experience there are several reboots in that process.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:46 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

i can play it but its laggy not as smooth as it should be and at the begining some of the background is different colors and the pig cannot be seen but after that the only issue is the speed of it. any fix ?

Old 11-24-2010, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Unaufhaltsam is keeping up the good workUnaufhaltsam is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Yahoo to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Skype™ to Unaufhaltsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
i can play it but its laggy not as smooth as it should be and at the begining some of the background is different colors and the pig cannot be seen but after that the only issue is the speed of it. any fix ?
Nope. They're working on another version that will run faster on slower devices though. Just have to wait.

Last edited by Unaufhaltsam; 11-25-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Whatever version is out now on the market renders properly. No more white background and all graphics appear to be ok. Unfortunately you can only see this when 3d is disabled. When you enable 3d the graphics seem to go crazy for me.

So i dont think there is any other version coming out :-\ .. give it a try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2