PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone gotten Angry Birds Lite to work on TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
how can i possibly install an apk wrong..that doesnt even sound like sense!!..im runnin the latest reference build on nand boot..i dont know if that could be my problem..i think everyone else is running heret
I have not been able to get this game to work on nand boot but it works fine on haret. Maybe this may help you
Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctek4456 View Post
I have not been able to get this game to work on nand boot but it works fine on haret. Maybe this may help you
yea it figures.. no bigie
Old 10-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I love how everyone is clamoring for SenseUI and AngryBirds when simple things still don't work yet...

Ah, I guess that is the expectations of users vs. reality
Old 10-18-2010, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I love how everyone is clamoring for SenseUI and AngryBirds when simple things still don't work yet...

I don't know about other users, but for me at least, the stuff that isn't working isn't as big of an issue for me. I don't use Bluetooth and don't use my camera that much. If power management and GPS were refined, I'd be ok to use Android nearly all the time. I also don't care what gets worked or when things are listed as fully functional though either as I understand this isn't a full time job for people and there are other more important things out there.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I don't know about other users, but for me at least, the stuff that isn't working isn't as big of an issue for me. I don't use Bluetooth and don't use my camera that much. If power management and GPS were refined, I'd be ok to use Android nearly all the time. I also don't care what gets worked or when things are listed as fully functional though either as I understand this isn't a full time job for people and there are other more important things out there.
You're probably a rarity.

My issue is, I can't even use the phone - as a phone - in Android. To me, this is extremely important - but there's more posts about Angry Bird that I would care to count.

To each his own, I just think it's nuts Mr. imnuts
Old 10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Same here. In fact the only things really keeping me from Android are the battery/power issues and the still iffy speaker/mic issues that seem to plague some.

Full USB support is important since pulling the SD card is not an option, better GPS would be good, BT and camera are simply "nice to have" features.

Angry Birds runs OK, who cares if the graphics are a little goofy, the game is still quite playable.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

MrPib is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I don't know about other users, but for me at least, the stuff that isn't working isn't as big of an issue for me. ...
I'd take that as a testament to how close to a fully functional Android phone we have now. I know I'm using it full-time -- except when I need to take a picture! The most annoying thing for me is the lack of keyboard lighting at night.

BTW, have a buddy here at work with a RHOD400, and I have a 500. With the same builds running, we've noticed that my voice search works every time, but his only works one time before he resets it via some workaround.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
You're probably a rarity.

My issue is, I can't even use the phone - as a phone - in Android. To me, this is extremely important - but there's more posts about Angry Bird that I would care to count.

To each his own, I just think it's nuts Mr. imnuts
Yeah, I rarely use my phone as a phone. People just don't call me for whatever reason. I use it more for texting/email/web, which works fine. The only thing I would like from GPS is that the cell tower location would work as regular gps is fine outside, but I can't get my location inside. I also don't see the importance of Angry Birds, but maybe it's because I haven't played it yet. I would love to have an updated Sense build, primarily because of the features that sense offers with contact/facebook/twitter integration. Anyway, I'm getting a Fascinate, so I'll probably be using Android on my TP2 more now. I'll try to keep it as a dedicated GPS device as well with iGo.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:

I'm not sure how many users are actually that concerned about Angry Birds on its own. However, to me personally, the problems with Angry Birds represent more fundamental things I'd like to see working, i.e. fully working 3D acceleration and a faster overall experience.

I'm already using Android full-time, and the things that bother me most are how sluggish it is (and I only have 2 homescreens). It'd be really great if by fixing everything needed to make the most popular mobile game out there run great, all the things that rely on 3D and speed worked great as well.

Maybe that's not possible, which would be a shame, but it's a nice dream.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I'm not sure how many users are actually that concerned about Angry Birds on its own. However, to me personally, the problems with Angry Birds represent more fundamental things I'd like to see working, i.e. fully working 3D acceleration and a faster overall experience.

I'm already using Android full-time, and the things that bother me most are how sluggish it is (and I only have 2 homescreens). It'd be really great if by fixing everything needed to make the most popular mobile game out there run great, all the things that rely on 3D and speed worked great as well.

Maybe that's not possible, which would be a shame, but it's a nice dream.
Couldn't agree more. Here's to hoping we get there one day... Hopefully the hardware doesn't limit us too much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2