PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide, Android on SD card! 4 Easy Steps (15 min): TP2 DL links (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I'm giving my son my TP2 with Android on it, but want to basically wipe the device. I have the power saving scripts up and configured, so I'd like to keep all that. What is the easiest way to wipe all the data, apps, contacts, etc, but keep the android install (system) in tact?

Can I do this?

thanks
dave
Delete the data.img. /done.

However, you'll have to reapply any "power saving scripts". Not sure which ones you speak of.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mikep7779 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikep7779
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well there is a bug in the newer kernels that only effects CDMA devices being used as GSM.

Basically when the screen turns off, the GSM radio turns off with it. WisTilt2 has a potential fix, but I need someone to test it.

However, if the radio appears off when the screen is on? That's an entirely different issue, and I'd check the normal things we already went over...
Is this still an issue? Only post that seemed relevant with a search.

Basically my issue is once I reboot my phone I have to place a call before I can receive an incoming call. I remember in the older versions you had to place a call in windows but I thought that was resolved.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep7779 View Post
Is this still an issue? Only post that seemed relevant with a search.

Basically my issue is once I reboot my phone I have to place a call before I can receive an incoming call. I remember in the older versions you had to place a call in windows but I thought that was resolved.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think that's still an issue, but I have no way to confirm.

I also don't know what you're talking about with having to make a call before you can receive one...
Old 10-15-2011, 12:04 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I also don't know what you're talking about with having to make a call before you can receive one...
Guess ill try a fresh install again. Hopefully that solves it.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:15 PM
N00b

Re: Simple Guide, Android on SD card! 4 Easy Steps (15 min): TP2 DL links (FRX07.1)

My last install worked fine, somehow today my SD card got corrupt.. Cant even format it in windows... Windows mobile says it cant format it either. I dont have a card reader... Guess im getting a new card
Old 10-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep7779 View Post
My last install worked fine, somehow today my SD card got corrupt.. Cant even format it in windows... Windows mobile says it cant format it either. I dont have a card reader... Guess im getting a new card
Does the card show up in Windows when you're using USB Mass Storage mode in WinMo?

If so, try the HP Tool. Way better than the built-in Windows/WinMo utilities.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:30 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Shameless.. :>))
Updated links & deleted tons of junk on post 1, particularly steps V. & VI.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ZTE Warp
Carrier: Boost Mobile

lascott7 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to lascott7 Send a message via Yahoo to lascott7 Send a message via Skype™ to lascott7
Re: Simple Guide 11/11 Android on SD card! 4 Easy Steps (15 min): TP2 DL lnks (FRX07

Hey does anyone know when will the wifi feature work on the newest version of XDAndroid for TP2? If so, please let me know and show me. Thanks.
"with God all things are possible" ~ St. Matthew 19:26
Who am I really?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by lascott7 View Post
Hey does anyone know when will the wifi feature work on the newest version of XDAndroid for TP2? If so, please let me know and show me. Thanks.
7.1 is the newest HaRET build and wifi works.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ZTE Warp
Carrier: Boost Mobile

lascott7 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to lascott7 Send a message via Yahoo to lascott7 Send a message via Skype™ to lascott7
Re: Simple Guide 11/11 Android on SD card! 4 Easy Steps (15 min): TP2 DL lnks (FRX07

I have tried. Is there some kind of special setting for it? If so please let me know. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
7.1 is the newest HaRET build and wifi works.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2