PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help with project android launcher

I am able to install and run only once successfully on me tp2. Every time after this first time running the haret launcher I get a pop-up looking for default.txt script file on my storage card....

What gives?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: help with project android launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
I am able to install and run only once successfully on me tp2. Every time after this first time running the haret launcher I get a pop-up looking for default.txt script file on my storage card....

What gives?
Well, you could copy the startup.txt and rename it to default.txt...

Or just keep the startup.txt where ever you launch haret form... I've never had a problem so long as there's a valid startup.txt where I'm kicking off haret from.

BTW, you should use that little search button. It works wonders.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well, you could copy the startup.txt and rename it to default.txt...

Or just keep the startup.txt where ever you launch haret form... I've never had a problem so long as there's a valid startup.txt where I'm kicking off haret from.

BTW, you should use that little search button. It works wonders.
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give that a shot.

P.S. I'm fully aware of the search button, hence the reason for the new thread as I did not find a related one.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give that a shot.

P.S. I'm fully aware of the search button, hence the reason for the new thread as I did not find a related one.
This has happened to A LOT of people... Still not sure why tho. It happened to me once, and my startup.txt had been renamed to startup.txt~. I was pretty sure I didn't do it, but I've never had it happen since, so it was probably something I did.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

rglover1168 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to rglover1168

I have a sprint tp2 running energy rom and I'm having the same problem it will run once then I get a message saying Launch a script file. Default path is the same where the executable lives default.txt I have also done a lot of searching and this is the only thread I can find that explains my exact problem. I don't however understand the solution if there was one given here. My startup.txt file is in the andboot folder along with the mjgdroidutil and haret.exe. I thought maybe this thread was saying to rename the startup.txt file default.txt but I guess not because that didn't work. Please explain exactly how you solved this problem.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Do you have a startup.txt file where you launch haret from??

I said copy it and rename the copy to default.txt. That way no matter what file it looks for, it'll boot.

However, this only happened to me when the startup.txt was renamed to startup.txt~. Again, not sure why that happened to me... or why it would happen to anyone else.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

While in Windows, use a registry editor to mark your startup.txt file as "Read Only". Just in case something is trying to edit that file when you boot Android.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I'm running into the same prob, and startup.txt is blank after I ran android and tried to get back into it. I'm going to do what demon said after I reload the startup.txt and see what happens.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
While in Windows, use a registry editor to mark your startup.txt file as "Read Only". Just in case something is trying to edit that file when you boot Android.
I wonder what the heck is doing it. I had it happen once maybe twice where the startup.txt seemed to get modified, even tho I didn't make any changes...

This will certainly nip the issue in the bud, and is probably (no wait... definitely!) a much better suggestion than mine!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

rglover1168 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to rglover1168

Okay so I updated energy rom to the latest version today which gave me an oportunity to task 29 and delete all android files from storage and essentially start fresh with froyo 2.2 blaze. Same thing happened again after running the android utility the first time. I am some what of a noob when it comes to android on the tp2 but I think I can follow directions. Can someone explain this process like you are talking to a child. @arrrghhh you say to "copy startup.txt and rename it to default.txt or just keep the startup.txt where ever you launch haret from" I'm launching it from mjgdroidutil.exe in programs. I don't quite understand that statement. Also my startup.txt which is in storage card\andboot\ folder has not been changed to startup.txt~. Also where do you copy it too I hear to a different folder to the same folder. It would be helpful to have a step 1,2, and 3 type explanation because I'm just spinning my wheels. I also tried setting startup.txt to read only but that didn't work. I'm not sure if that is suppose to be done in addition to what already has been said or what. Help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2