PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: help with project android launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rglover1168 View Post
I also tried setting startup.txt to read only but that didn't work. I'm not sure if that is suppose to be done in addition to what already has been said or what. Help
You need to make the read-only adjustment BEFORE booting Android. Start with a new startup.txt, make that read-only. Then try again...

I wonder if MJGDroidUtil is causing the issue? I don't use it anymore, and haven't had the problem happen since...
Old 09-12-2010, 06:20 AM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

here is what worked for me (THANK YOU FISHINGMEDIC)
1) uninstall all android folders from sd and from remove programs (under settings)

2) reinstall the cab and do a soft reset.

3) BEFORE running android go to sd and find andboot folder

4) copy startup.txt file and put in a dif folder so you can rename it
to default.txt

5) copy the file you just renamed and paste it into your andboot folder

6) launch Android

Since doing this I have been able to get android to boot up everytime. If you get a screen that asks something about running default click on it and it will boot up for you.
Thank Fishingmedic for telling me step by step how to do it

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TheMarshall is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You need to make the read-only adjustment BEFORE booting Android. Start with a new startup.txt, make that read-only. Then try again...

I wonder if MJGDroidUtil is causing the issue? I don't use it anymore, and haven't had the problem happen since...
This problem is definitely being caused by MJGDroidUtil. Something about how it edits startup.txt causes the file to get wiped during the linux bootup. If you pay attention to the console you'll see something about it scanning the filesystem and finding a problem with the file. It then truncates the file to 0 bytes, deleting everything in it.
The solution is to manually edit the startup.txt with your keyboard layout and forcecdma options and run hatret manually.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

rglover1168 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to rglover1168

Yo that was the ticket psychobaby! Thank you and fishingmedic!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro DOS (2) [win mo 6.5][android 2.2]
Carrier: Boost

brka is a n00b

thanks for the help things booting up good 1 problem..now i dont get any service?
and its asking for a sim

Last edited by brka; 09-12-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Lurker

brka is a n00b

Ok so i reinstalled...booted in had service..turned of rebooted and it booted up fine without asking for the start up stuff..i normally dont shut my phone off any way since its my alarm clock and i need it in emergencies so im just gonna leave it on..

OK EDIT...IT HAS NO SERVICE AGAIN
Old 09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brka View Post
Ok so i reinstalled...booted in had service..turned of rebooted and it booted up fine without asking for the start up stuff..i normally dont shut my phone off any way since its my alarm clock and i need it in emergencies so im just gonna leave it on..

OK EDIT...IT HAS NO SERVICE AGAIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by brka View Post
thanks for the help things booting up good 1 problem..now i dont get any service?
and its asking for a sim
Dude, you don't have to keep posting you can edit old posts at any time...

You need to modify your startup.txt to have that force cdma command in it... Assuming you're using a CDMA phone. Without the MJGDroid Utility, you have to modify the startup.txt manually... Just as TheMarshall already pointed out not 2 posts above yours.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Lurker

brka is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Dude, you don't have to keep posting you can edit old posts at any time...

You need to modify your startup.txt to have that force cdma command in it... Assuming you're using a CDMA phone. Without the MJGDroid Utility, you have to modify the startup.txt manually... Just as TheMarshall already pointed out not 2 posts above yours.
sorry for the over post just a little eager lol..kind of a noob to the android moovement.. so how would i got about doing that?the startup.txt mod for the keyboard lay out and cdma

solved i belive...

Last edited by brka; 09-14-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

I am going to give what you guys say a try to boot android.
When i first install the cab, android works. But as soon as i update rootz, i get the default.txt pop up.
I am uninstalling android right now and gonna start over. Once i get into android and get the normal stuff working like data connection, is there anything tweaks, fixes, mods that i should do or is it included in this newest version of the cab. I remember when i first tried this, it was months ago and i couldnt load pictures or music cause android wouldnt search the card or it would say there was no SD card. I couldnt load programs cause of memory problems. Video wouldnt play. Then i remember reading about partitioning and such.
So after getting android to work, should i do anything tweaks, fixes, mods or just start using it?
Should i still only update roots or stop updating all together?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
Should i still only update roots or stop updating all together?
You can update any of the files, just DO NOT use the MJGDroidUtil. Update manually.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2