PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

cody_cummins is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unofficial known issues list 8/29

Id also like to add that sometimes text messages dont come through, dunno if im the only one having this issue

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Boost Mobile
Old 08-30-2010, 02:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work

The Scripture app from the lds church
Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Even though this is not directly related to the android OS and more with HaRet...when WinMo is overclocked, HaRet will not boot. Rather, a black box will cover the screen partially. What's interesting is if you keep trying to start HaRet after every reboot, the black box moves more down and down. Bottom note (many of you know already): clock back to stock speed or use safe mode before you boot into Android
Old 08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Sounds like even the unofficial issues cannot be agreed upon...I was thinking about making the leap but I will wait until it gets a little more stable before I give it a try, or use my spare device for a test run
Old 08-31-2010, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

Where can someone go to check the status of things not working mainly the hw3d?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski View Post
Where can someone go to check the status of things not working mainly the hw3d?
chat logs
Old 08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Grogck is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
  • Android UI Process Crashes are frequent on the latest version without the crackling speakers, but this isn't actually that big a deal, as Android just reopens the UI right away.
Maybe I'm just having it on a worse scale, but I actually consider this one a major deal breaker as pretty much every app I've tried (at least ones that weren't natively built into the build) crash immediately. Sure Android itself doesn't crash, but it pretty much makes the platform unusable when you can't launch most of your apps.

I haven't had a chance to try the build that came out yesterday yet, but I'll have to give it more than 24/48hrs once I do so as the first sound-fix build worked just fine for the first day or so before the apps suddenly started crashing. From what someone mentioned in the thread specific to this issue yesterday this problem seems to be specific to Sprint devices.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogck View Post
Maybe I'm just having it on a worse scale, but I actually consider this one a major deal breaker as pretty much every app I've tried (at least ones that weren't natively built into the build) crash immediately. Sure Android itself doesn't crash, but it pretty much makes the platform unusable when you can't launch most of your apps.

I haven't had a chance to try the build that came out yesterday yet, but I'll have to give it more than 24/48hrs once I do so as the first sound-fix build worked just fine for the first day or so before the apps suddenly started crashing. From what someone mentioned in the thread specific to this issue yesterday this problem seems to be specific to Sprint devices.
Really? Are you overclocked?

I'm on a Sprint TP2, and my problem is exactly the opposite. All apps are rock solid, have literally not had a single one crash. However, Android's home screens crash for me all the time. It's gotten worse for me on the latest build, probably 75% of the time I want to move a widget, it won't do it properly, and then will crash in about a minute.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor
Re: Unofficial known issues list 8/31

i have noticed that the speed of 3G connection seems to be slower in android as compared to WM

i am not having crash issues (apart from a couple launcher crashes) and i have had my phone on android full time since yesterday morning.

The only major issue i have right now is battery life.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro2 ->->evo4g
Carrier: sprint

im4u2hear is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: Unofficial known issues list 8/31

I tried this and it actually made the mic work for everything,... i'm talking about voice search google... dial... and the micdroid program and talking tom who could never hear me because mic didn't work until... the stepis like wayyyyyyy before... MAKE A PHONE CALL TO VOICE MAIL PUT ON SPEAKER AND BOOT INTO ANDROID GAURANTEED TO WORK.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2