PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 08:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

compuw22c is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 2 up for... testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
Oh wow you guys are making good progress!

Is running off NAND noticeably faster than running off SD?
It didn't seem to be for me. In fact it seemed a tad-bit slower than the normal blazn overclocked build I usually run (I assumed it was running at stock 528 not 768 like blazn). So it seems to be exactly the same as haret in terms of performance as well as available memory, at least from my short test. Memory was also about the same with 46MB free on boot, which is about the same as I experienced booting through haret.

This should NOT be taken as me belittling their achievements. It is still quite an achievement, and may/probably open doors to other developments and improvements (possibly including camera, 3d, or sound). Its also worth noting that this build has only been working for oh...48 hours? It can only get better from here! Sure they'll have to redo wifi, in-call sound, etc but that may take only a short period of time, and who knows, whatever has changed (memory locations?) may have changed very predictably so that fixing one shows the fixes for others (and allow access to sound and memory addresses/irqs since they are only started once, not twice as with wince+haret).

Again, all speculation on my part, I am just a lowly tester trying to give feedback. I wish I were good enough to program for projects like this!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

You are right, it is running at stock speed. There is still a decent amount of work to be done, but I'm just glad it seems to be working for everyone so far.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - rhod210
Carrier: T-Mobile

electrikjesus is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to electrikjesus Send a message via Skype™ to electrikjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Here you go.
Thanx
Old 08-15-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, 2X HTC HD2s
Carrier: Verizon & TmoUS

Blades is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
You are right, it is running at stock speed. There is still a decent amount of work to be done, but I'm just glad it seems to be working for everyone so far.
Heh, come on wozzer, post that overclocked kernel. I had no issues whatsoever. I think charging works, its just that it may not know when to stop charging. That could be a problem. If anyone gets band mounted, let me know.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuw22c View Post
It didn't seem to be for me. In fact it seemed a tad-bit slower than the normal blazn overclocked build I usually run (I assumed it was running at stock 528 not 768 like blazn). So it seems to be exactly the same as haret in terms of performance as well as available memory, at least from my short test. Memory was also about the same with 46MB free on boot, which is about the same as I experienced booting through haret.

This should NOT be taken as me belittling their achievements. It is still quite an achievement, and may/probably open doors to other developments and improvements (possibly including camera, 3d, or sound). Its also worth noting that this build has only been working for oh...48 hours? It can only get better from here! Sure they'll have to redo wifi, in-call sound, etc but that may take only a short period of time, and who knows, whatever has changed (memory locations?) may have changed very predictably so that fixing one shows the fixes for others (and allow access to sound and memory addresses/irqs since they are only started once, not twice as with wince+haret).

Again, all speculation on my part, I am just a lowly tester trying to give feedback. I wish I were good enough to program for projects like this!
Additionally this can/should (later on of course) open the doors to FULL Android on NAND! AKA no need for SD (again, LATER, as in NOT POSSIBLE right now...)

Also sorry for not updating my reserved posts yet, I am actually posting from my TP2 at a lake with the family... and I of course managed once again (as happens every time I am at the lake/ocean) to become a lobster... (no matter how many times I apply SPF 85 sunblock...)

Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sonictronic is a n00b
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 3 to fix wifi

Test 3 file fixed my no-boot. Updated in the Google doc.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

compuw22c is just getting started

Agreed. Wouldn't it just be sooo perfect if they perfected sound just before the release of the epic? Finishing development of android for the last good qwerty keyboard phone, just days before the release of the 2nd really good android phone with a qwerty keyboard!

I've basically made up my mind to upgrade to the epic, but I'm still very interested to see how this saga plays out. Even if/when I do upgrade my device, I have to at least see this to the end. So much effort can't just be left to the wayside!

EDIT: I was agreeing with a post that seems to have disappeared where someone mentioned they were impressed with the speed of development here.

Last edited by compuw22c; 08-16-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: previous post disappeared? which I referenced
Old 08-16-2010, 05:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hyperfire21 is just getting started

Wozzer are u using the latest zimage and latest rootfs?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfire21 View Post
Wozzer are u using the latest zimage and latest rootfs?
I'm running an edited zImage so that everything boots.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hyperfire21 is just getting started

wozzer can you post that zimage in the first post?

also latest rootfs?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2