View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Kane3162
Halfway to VIP Status

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 2 up for... testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuw22c View Post
It didn't seem to be for me. In fact it seemed a tad-bit slower than the normal blazn overclocked build I usually run (I assumed it was running at stock 528 not 768 like blazn). So it seems to be exactly the same as haret in terms of performance as well as available memory, at least from my short test. Memory was also about the same with 46MB free on boot, which is about the same as I experienced booting through haret.

This should NOT be taken as me belittling their achievements. It is still quite an achievement, and may/probably open doors to other developments and improvements (possibly including camera, 3d, or sound). Its also worth noting that this build has only been working for oh...48 hours? It can only get better from here! Sure they'll have to redo wifi, in-call sound, etc but that may take only a short period of time, and who knows, whatever has changed (memory locations?) may have changed very predictably so that fixing one shows the fixes for others (and allow access to sound and memory addresses/irqs since they are only started once, not twice as with wince+haret).

Again, all speculation on my part, I am just a lowly tester trying to give feedback. I wish I were good enough to program for projects like this!
Additionally this can/should (later on of course) open the doors to FULL Android on NAND! AKA no need for SD (again, LATER, as in NOT POSSIBLE right now...)

Also sorry for not updating my reserved posts yet, I am actually posting from my TP2 at a lake with the family... and I of course managed once again (as happens every time I am at the lake/ocean) to become a lobster... (no matter how many times I apply SPF 85 sunblock...)