View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:11 PM
compuw22c
N00b

compuw22c is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 2 up for... testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
Oh wow you guys are making good progress!

Is running off NAND noticeably faster than running off SD?
It didn't seem to be for me. In fact it seemed a tad-bit slower than the normal blazn overclocked build I usually run (I assumed it was running at stock 528 not 768 like blazn). So it seems to be exactly the same as haret in terms of performance as well as available memory, at least from my short test. Memory was also about the same with 46MB free on boot, which is about the same as I experienced booting through haret.

This should NOT be taken as me belittling their achievements. It is still quite an achievement, and may/probably open doors to other developments and improvements (possibly including camera, 3d, or sound). Its also worth noting that this build has only been working for oh...48 hours? It can only get better from here! Sure they'll have to redo wifi, in-call sound, etc but that may take only a short period of time, and who knows, whatever has changed (memory locations?) may have changed very predictably so that fixing one shows the fixes for others (and allow access to sound and memory addresses/irqs since they are only started once, not twice as with wince+haret).

Again, all speculation on my part, I am just a lowly tester trying to give feedback. I wish I were good enough to program for projects like this!