PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Yes, the point of this is completely wipe windows from the phone. This includes all data. At some point we would like to use the internal storage to install android to.
the rate u guys are moving that day should come very shortly!!..keep up the gd work mehn..and thanks for replying so quick
Old 09-04-2010, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Setup your sd card just like you were going to run reefermattness' android bundles. Then flash like you would any winmo rom.
dose that mean i can take my all ready working android that i boot from haert, take the .nbh flash it to the nand and use it all most the same (if not the same) as haert.....also if i flashed back to winmo...for what ever reason, that android would beable to boot right back from haert.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This might sound really dumb, but if Android still runs off of the SD card then why flash and overwrite WinMo still? Does it perform faster or something?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
This might sound really dumb, but if Android still runs off of the SD card then why flash and overwrite WinMo still? Does it perform faster or something?
it does sound dumb! being a risk taker is part of all of this...o!..and it moves really fast!!..take the risk and try it..you have nothing to loose
Old 09-04-2010, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
it does sound dumb! being a risk taker is part of all of this...o!..and it moves really fast!!..take the risk and try it..you have nothing to loose
Because at this state of development, they are just testing it. I'm sure once it gets to be a little bit more stable and a more usable, they will put the files on the phone.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok i was getting sod..i went to our cdma thread...downloaded a special task29 that doesnt remove your radio but removes everything else..i ran it..then reflashed and as of now i am no longer having sod....now once the phone goes to sleep..the led is constantly blinking red/green until i wake it back up..once woken back up..led shows red...maybe some one the devs can try it and see what they get done from it..im on rhod400..http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571 post #9

Last edited by damage_them; 09-04-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55 View Post
dose that mean i can take my all ready working android that i boot from haert, take the .nbh flash it to the nand and use it all most the same (if not the same) as haert.....also if i flashed back to winmo...for what ever reason, that android would beable to boot right back from haert.
Yeah, you can use the same android setup.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've skimmed through most of these posts but still couldn't come to the proper conclusion so I'm going to ask; what is the main differences between this thread's android version and reefermattness cab or rar android builds? I know with his he just put together other developer's work and if the users want to do it themselves he points you in the right direction on where to get the modules, zimage, root, startup.txt, ect. Is this a different build or instead of this booting from storage card this runs instead of windows? TIA
Old 09-04-2010, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff
Talking Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
I've skimmed through most of these posts but still couldn't come to the proper conclusion so I'm going to ask; what is the main differences between this thread's android version and reefermattness cab or rar android builds? I know with his he just put together other developer's work and if the users want to do it themselves he points you in the right direction on where to get the modules, zimage, root, startup.txt, ect. Is this a different build or instead of this booting from storage card this runs instead of windows? TIA
Sort of. This is just a bootloader that uses a fork of the official zImage to boot into the linux kernel directly. The initrd.gz, which will be slightly modified soon, is also stored in the .nbh file. The rest of the files needed for booting haret are all the same as the reefermattness build (rootfs, system.ext2/sqsh, modules file -must download modules from correct zImage built).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: SprintTel

hi-tech is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfire21 View Post
Wozzer i just tried the rhod400 nbh. it seems its getting stuck at: [133.607849] DISABLING IRQ #26.

Using the latest zimage, modules, rootfs
Same issue here. Stuck @ irq #26 w/RHod400

Edit: reflashed twice and it took. Now it's stuck at the xdandroid boot screen.

Last edited by hi-tech; 09-04-2010 at 05:57 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2