PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 PM
damage_them's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 159
Reputation: 160
damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Setup your sd card just like you were going to run reefermattness' android bundles. Then flash like you would any winmo rom.
with just the nbh file??..or i need more files??

Last edited by damage_them; 09-03-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 PM
danny6514's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 115
Reputation: 1250
danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
danny, read the first post, I have all that in there already. As for the sleep of death, have you tried deleting the data.img and cache folder? Do you shut down your phone properly or just take the battery out?
Hi wozzer, my comment was in regards to "test it for me" rather than not reading the first post because I read every word of it.

I shut my phone down holding the end button till the window pops up.

I'll try to test more of the sod problem when I get the chance to because I had to flash my phone back to Windows for daytime use.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome work! keep it up
__________________
A click on would be much appreciated...(if i helped)
Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2010, 10:55 PM
danny6514's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 115
Reputation: 1250
danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
with just the nbh file??..or i need more files??
1. Download the android files from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400
2. Extract the file and put the folder ANDBOOT in the root of your SD card like normal.
3. For Wifi to work, download the module file in the first post and copy the file as is to your ANDBOOT folder (without extracting it).
4. Copy the RUU file u downloaded (from a selection of RHOD400,RHOD500,tilt2,etc....in the first post) into a customRUU to flash your phone (just like how you flash a custom rom)

Incase you don't have a customRUU: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492930

Last edited by danny6514; 09-03-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 PM
jeneric's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10
Reputation: 5
jeneric is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
with just the nbh file??..or i need more files??
I renamed the file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root of my sd card. Then I rebooted and held down the vol button to get to the bootloader. It automatically saw the file and loaded it. If you have any questions here is a general thread about flashing a rom from the sd card.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=flash+nbh
Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:54 PM
WoZZeR999's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 161
Reputation: 940
WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6514 View Post
Hi wozzer, my comment was in regards to "test it for me" rather than not reading the first post because I read every word of it.

I shut my phone down holding the end button till the window pops up.

I'll try to test more of the sod problem when I get the chance to because I had to flash my phone back to Windows for daytime use.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome work! keep it up
I get a SoD every once and a while, but it shouldn't happen that often. What class sd card are you using?
__________________
I do this because I love helping people and a challange, but if you want: Donate some beer to my stomach.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2010, 12:00 AM
damage_them's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 159
Reputation: 160
damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6514 View Post
1. Download the android files from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400
2. Extract the file and put the folder ANDBOOT in the root of your SD card like normal.
3. For Wifi to work, download the module file in the first post and copy the file as is to your ANDBOOT folder (without extracting it).
4. Copy the RUU file u downloaded (from a selection of RHOD400,RHOD500,tilt2,etc....in the first post) into a customRUU to flash your phone (just like how you flash a custom rom)

Incase you don't have a customRUU: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492930
ahhh!!! thanks..i know i was missing something! i copied that already also..i will try now
Reply With Quote
  #117 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2010, 12:01 AM
damage_them's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 159
Reputation: 160
damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneric View Post
I renamed the file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root of my sd card. Then I rebooted and held down the vol button to get to the bootloader. It automatically saw the file and loaded it. If you have any questions here is a general thread about flashing a rom from the sd card.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=flash+nbh
iight mehn thanks
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2010, 12:08 AM
danny6514's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 115
Reputation: 1250
danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
I get a SoD every once and a while, but it shouldn't happen that often. What class sd card are you using?
4GB class 4
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2010, 12:26 AM
damage_them's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 159
Reputation: 160
damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

hey mehn!! flash was successful!! thanks you guys..i was a little rusty on flashing being that i gave up on windows..question though..do i loose everything from windows?? and this sure hella moves fast..cant wait till its complete!! im loving this!!

Last edited by damage_them; 09-04-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2010, 12:34 AM
WoZZeR999's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 161
Reputation: 940
WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
hey mehn!! flash was successful!! thanks you guys..i was a little rusty on flashing being that i gave up on windows..question though..do i loose everything from windows?? and this sure hella moves fast..cant wait till its complete!! im loving this!!
Yes, the point of this is completely wipe windows from the phone. This includes all data. At some point we would like to use the internal storage to install android to.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com