PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 02:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

After looking through everything, I'm wondering if it was the recent changes to the commit on 9/21 that broke it. ACL, have you tried to compile since making those changes? Anyone else care to give it a try?

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for to get it working, but I'm going to try using an older defconfig file tomorrow and see if that allows it to finish compiling.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
After looking through everything, I'm wondering if it was the recent changes to the commit on 9/21 that broke it. ACL, have you tried to compile since making those changes? Anyone else care to give it a try?

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for to get it working, but I'm going to try using an older defconfig file tomorrow and see if that allows it to finish compiling.
i compile every night ..lol. but u know how things are.

I got your pm about missing files. I'll try a fresh build tonight and see whats the deal. Right now if you know those files are really missing you should be able to get them from a .32 kernel. Thats where this driver came from.

Ok, you can try these patches out. They include the files that may be missing.

http://hotfile.com/dl/71046722/3b787...patch.zip.html

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by [ACL]; 09-22-2010 at 11:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
i compile every night ..lol. but u know how things are.

I got your pm about missing files. I'll try a fresh build tonight and see whats the deal. Right now if you know those files are really missing you should be able to get them from a .32 kernel. Thats where this driver came from.

Ok, you can try these patches out. They include the files that may be missing.

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: usb.patch.zip

Thanks for the help.
Compile went perfectly this time. I went ahead and grabbed android_composite.h from kernel.org and tossed that in there, and the build was successful with that file. I guess we just need to add that file to the repository.

As for the patch, when I attempted to apply it, it said no changes. I did "git apply \patches\usb.patch --apply" which I think is the proper way to apply those patches, right?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:29 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Compile went perfectly this time. I went ahead and grabbed android_composite.h from kernel.org and tossed that in there, and the build was successful with that file. I guess we just need to add that file to the repository.

As for the patch, when I attempted to apply it, it said no changes. I did "git apply \patches\usb.patch --apply" which I think is the proper way to apply those patches, right?
you can ignore the patch. I pushed the missing file.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

natemcnutty: can you post your build ? the modules as well so others can test. I need everyont to test usb. Mounting and dismounting wont work and its not supposed to. But im wondering if everything else is working properly. ADB ? and other wanted to test tethering as well. What else can you do with usb ? lol we should test it.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm available for testing... Any specific build?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
I'm available for testing... Any specific build?
This thread is for NAND testing... so that's the build they would be working with. & I think Wozz will update the first post when there's any updates, I think he's still stuck tryin to get the full NAND to work. It seems he's taken the partial NAND as far as it can/needs to go...
Old 09-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T Pro 2
Carrier: SP

DJerk21 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to DJerk21

how would i go about applying the update if im already booting in 6. something
Old 09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
This thread is for NAND testing... so that's the build they would be working with. & I think Wozz will update the first post when there's any updates, I think he's still stuck tryin to get the full NAND to work. It seems he's taken the partial NAND as far as it can/needs to go...
Wozz has been crazy busy and this is why i wanted natemcnutty to post his build. I'm not sure if what we have on the first post is the latest. lol.. see this is another reason why we need a page dedicated to the builds ..
Old 09-23-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, 2X HTC HD2s
Carrier: Verizon & TmoUS

Blades is just getting started

You should create a new one then. I can try to build the kernel following the commands nate was using.

I am not anywhere near what I would call a programmer.. but I do I have a linux comp sittin there, awaiting whatever confusing git command I can throw at it. I would appreciate the knowledge gained from it anyways.

What would be the first step? as in, what do I need to tell git to retrieve?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2