PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android + TP 2 = Dead Micro SD Cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockerengr View Post
not to state the obvious....but if it's something you don't want to lose, why isn't it backed up somewhere?
i feel ya, its just 1 of those things you dont really think bout until its 2 late, i guess. but i gotta couple cards lying round...ill use 1 for android and the main for winm. but still prolly should do a backup just incase.

edit: also i dont like the whole msphone thing. dont trust it. so i would only backup/make copies to pc
Old 08-10-2010, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just started last week running android on the TP2. I use the 512mb card that came with my Mogul. Now using it with my TP2, since the TP2 didnt come with an SD.

The 512mb is only FAT and not FAT32 (disappears if I format it to FAT32). Works great though, always adding, replacing, etc. Android runs well on it too. This card is a workhorse. Ive wondered if replacing with a new SD card would make android faster but it seems fast right now.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

akaussie is a n00b

I just had my 8GB SanDisk card corrupt itself while running the most recent version of the Blazn build.
Like the OP Android froze up (black screen, no response), so I soft reset with the stylus, which I have done a number of times before.
When I rebooted into WinMo I received the corrupted card error. Windows XP also sees the card as corrupt, though I cannot reformat it at the moment due to admin restriction on my work computer.
A bit of a bummer, will have to try and reformat the card this evening.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

flofy22 is a n00b

my micro sd 16gb scandisk got murder one time when my android got freze never work again! ramtest program said that the (id core module no found)

:S don't know what that means :S
Old 08-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

CloudStrife7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to CloudStrife7 Send a message via MSN to CloudStrife7 Send a message via Yahoo to CloudStrife7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekdemon View Post
I'm pretty certain that the cards are re-formatable if you go about it the right way. If you're in the U.S. you can mail it to me and I can give it a shot since I have a bunch of card readers and some other disk management software.
I think I found a corrupt one if you want to PM me your address I'll send the SD card your way. I'm excited about trying the new android with sound, but still worried about it corrupting my micro SD card.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

It seems like maybe the culprit is that something is always not written to the SD card or open on the SD card or something like that. If you go to the Settings menu and select SD card and attempt to unmount it, it's not able to do so and hangs on dismount in progress. Similarly, attempting to gracefully shutdown also just freezes, possibly for the same reason?

The net result is that almost everytime I reboot it, or remove the card, if I plug it into Windows, it finds problems on the card and then writes them into found.1, found.2 etc.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: t-mobile

tutkal is a n00b

Similar things here.

After a while, I get lots of corrupted files (file000.chk?) on the root of SD card, and finally my andorid setup gets broken, and no longer boots (I think somehow startup.txt or a similar important file gets broken).

Additionally my CoPilot (Windows) installation is effected as well. It says "extracting downloading packages" at the startup.

A chkdsk from Windows + Deleting / Reinstalling android works, but I no longer want to test my chances.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When I boot into android it doesn't recognize my SD card. Im using 8/16 System build, FRX01 Final

I have a 16bg transcend class 6

How do I get it to read it. I can't install any apps...

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 09-27-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
When I boot into android it doesn't recognize my SD card. Im using 8/16 System build, FRX01 Final

I have a 16bg transcend class 6

How do I get it to read it. I can't install any apps...
Backup card, wipe, restore... That's just about your quickest fix.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-28-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

For all those having problems with their SD card, try this

SD Formatter 3.0 (Beta) for SD/SDHC/SDXC - SD Association
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2