PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Xhibition is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android + TP 2 = Dead Micro SD Cards?

I've never had any sd card problems before this either. I'm using a 16gb Sandisk Class 2. Android running off my sd card is pretty zippy but it started being sluggish one day and force closes were coming left and right so I decided to soft reset(using power off option in android). When I rebooted into Windows and tried to restart android it told me it couldnt find the MJGUtility or whatever its called file. went to the file browser and there it was, an unreadable mess full of folders.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhibition View Post
I've never had any sd card problems before this either. I'm using a 16gb Sandisk Class 2. Android running off my sd card is pretty zippy but it started being sluggish one day and force closes were coming left and right so I decided to soft reset(using power off option in android). When I rebooted into Windows and tried to restart android it told me it couldnt find the MJGUtility or whatever its called file. went to the file browser and there it was, an unreadable mess full of folders.
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I was running Android from my 16gb Sandisk card when it failed. I tried to reformat the card, but it was dead. I had to buy another one.

I have never had an SD card fail like that.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I can confirm on MULTIPLE MICRO SD CARDS (Sandisk, Transcend, and Kensington) that installing/running Android causes Windows 7 to detect corruption on the SD card, requiring CHKDSK to be run. Half of the time, it doesn't find any damaged files, the other half, it recovers 2 .CHK files (I'm assuming they're form Android)
Old 07-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x5
Carrier: Boost

tekdemon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudStrife7 View Post
I loving running android however sometimes when in android the phone becomes unresponsive and I have to soft reset it. After trying to re-boot android I find out that my micro sd has become corrupt. I have tried reformatting it with no luck. So I moved on to a 2nd card... Same issue - android froze, hard reset, card corrupt. I've now bricked 3 SD cards. I'm assuming because data is being read from it and I'm interrupting the read/write process? I'm hesitant to run Froyo anymore. I've tried reformatting the sd cards using 5 different programs varying from windows to mac and no luck.

Any advice to save me from ruining anymore micro sd cards? This happens in all builds of android.

Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty certain that the cards are re-formatable if you go about it the right way. If you're in the U.S. you can mail it to me and I can give it a shot since I have a bunch of card readers and some other disk management software.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

CloudStrife7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to CloudStrife7 Send a message via MSN to CloudStrife7 Send a message via Yahoo to CloudStrife7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekdemon View Post
I'm pretty certain that the cards are re-formatable if you go about it the right way. If you're in the U.S. you can mail it to me and I can give it a shot since I have a bunch of card readers and some other disk management software.
Sounds great. I just moved so I need to unpack my micro SD cards but once I find them I'll send them your way. If you do fix them perhaps we can post what program/method you used so others can repair theirs.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android
Carrier: Sprint

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

I have a Sandisk 1GB card I use for Android and it works fine, but my 4GB card errors out and corrupts data every time I have tried using it. Requiring me to checkdsk it, but I have never totally toasted a card yet.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Perhaps it has something to do with the size of the card? I've been using a 2gb card for a while now, no issues yet.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Using an 8GB SanDisk class 4 card here and while my card is still alive, after running Android for a while a large amount of fsck recovery files start to pile up on the card. Android eventually seems to get a bit slow and error prone. I've stopped booting into Android because I don't want to ruin my card.

This is with the last two releases of Froyo, both stock and blazin.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i been had the android cab ready 4 install on my sd but never got around 2 it. (i have messed w/ android on tp2 b4 but not in awhile.)

after reading this thread makes me wanna put the android files on another card cuz i dont want 2 go threw losing everything loaded on my card right now. my life of the last year (pics, vids, cabs n such)...
Old 08-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

shockerengr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i been had the android cab ready 4 install on my sd but never got around 2 it. (i have messed w/ android on tp2 b4 but not in awhile.)

after reading this thread makes me wanna put the android files on another card cuz i dont want 2 go threw losing everything loaded on my card right now. my life of the last year (pics, vids, cabs n such)...
not to state the obvious....but if it's something you don't want to lose, why isn't it backed up somewhere?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2