PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Notification Light and Overheating

I have two issues with the Android build. I am running Android 2.1 with sense and love it. It took a while for it to stabalize completely but after giving it some time it is running fairly smooth. Only issues are

1. The notification light turned on suddenly and now will not turn off. It switches between green and orange but never turns off for some reason? Not sure if there is an actual purpose or if it is a known bug.

2. The phone is on FIRE...it is running way to hot to handle. I can't hold it for long because it is burning from the battery...is there something running in the background I can turn off? I turned off automatic updates for most apps or limited the update schedule to every 1-2 hrs so I'm not sure why it is overheating.

Are there any fixes for these issues? Or are they known bugs? I tried searching through the main CAB thread but couldnt find any answers.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Boost Mobile

cody_cummins is just getting started
Re: Notification Light and Overheating

As far as the notification light, did you plug it into the charger? I know with mine if its plugged in and i unplug it the light will stay on, it is a known bug and you have to reboot android for it to go away, but as far as the overheating situation i have no clue, are you running the blazn build? If you are then it might mean your phone is overclocked too much! Hope this helps!

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Boost Mobile
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

The light is for diagnostics.. Green means your phone is sleeping (Low power mode) Orange means that phone is awake and doing something..

I don't think 2.1 sense has a "blazin" build either.. But if that LED light stays Orange a lot while the phone's screen is off, that might be the problem, your storage card, which is by your battery, might be getting hot
Old 07-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragster View Post
The light is for diagnostics.. Green means your phone is sleeping (Low power mode) Orange means that phone is awake and doing something..

I don't think 2.1 sense has a "blazin" build either.. But if that LED light stays Orange a lot while the phone's screen is off, that might be the problem, your storage card, which is by your battery, might be getting hot
i restarted android and noticed this now, but it was definitely orange while asleep before...i guess something was still running in the background or something.

Thanks for the info i'll look out for it in the future.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Orange

Skrobel is a n00b

I don't know how about the Android, but when using WM the blinking green/orange LED means exactly overheating.
I also have this issue on my phone when it's connected to a car chager in a hot day. The LED starts to blink green/orange and of course it's not charging and the housing is very hot.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

How hot is too hot? If the temp readings are correct, mine heats up to 110 degrees within an hour of using Android. At what temp should I start to worry??
Old 07-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
How hot is too hot? If the temp readings are correct, mine heats up to 110 degrees within an hour of using Android. At what temp should I start to worry??
Mine actually doesnt heat up anymore but i suppose if it remains a steady temperature it fine. My situation was i couldnt even hold the phone because it would feel like it was burning my hand. You can try what i did, i turned off most of the auto update features because i think that was causing my data to constantly run. I changed most things to update every 30min to and hour other things like weather i set to every 6 hours
Old 07-30-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_5n8XZWbo
Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
Thanks but I'd rather just take the back cover off instead of removing the orange sticker because I always worry I might set my phone down on a puddle of water. I know the sticker probably won't help much but it might and I am always extra careful when the back is off. Either way it doesn't get nearly as hot as my TP used to!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

True, even tethering my TP1 would get smokin hot, with heavy usage my tp2 doesn't even get half as hot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2