PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Nexus One is coming to Sprint

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...426&highlight=
Old 03-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Google Nexus One is coming to Sprint

Good news. I'll see how the android on TP2 is before I think about switching plans to get the supersonic or nexus one.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mark Larson is a n00b

Holy sh&t that's great news. I'm not interested in buying an Android phone right away, but more competition = better than.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

calmnothing is a n00b

I wonder if this will be compatable with the Sprint SERO plans because you have to purchase this seperately.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

AsItLies is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmnothing View Post
I wonder if this will be compatable with the Sprint SERO plans because you have to purchase this seperately.
hmmmm, isn't that an assumption? that you have to purchase it separately? Pretty sure it will be subsidized by Sprint and you will be able to buy it that way.

But... and this I'd bet big money on, it will NOT be available on SERO. The reason is simple, and it's the one Sprint has been giving for all the phones that aren't available on SERO... it's too data intensive.

sure, it's lame, I agree. It's not fair as SERO is suppose to have unlimited data plans... we all know that.

But it's Sprints rules, it's their ball, you have to pay to play (with the better phones), sadly.

Regards,
Old 03-17-2010, 05:07 PM
jcjr81

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmnothing View Post
I am under the impression that all android os phones are ineligible for SERO plans. I'm on a SERO now with my TP2 but I would be interested in an android if eligible.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

calmnothing is a n00b

The Nexus One is only available from Google on the T-mobile, ATT, and Verizon. I doubt it would be available from Sprint at a subsidized price.

My reasoning for it possibly working is that it won't be subsidized so that's why it might work on the SERO plan.

If anything my TP2 has heavy data usage. Don't think that will change with going to an Android device lol
Old 03-17-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

It's seems as if the Nexus One is hopefully going to starting picking up users here. AT&T announced they were getting the Nexus One and now that Sprint is getting it means people have more options, as well as a CDMA version.
The problem with the Nexus One is I think most people don't fully understand what they are truly buying unless they are somewhat tech savvy. When someone hears "iPhone" they think of Apps and the software. Android, well other than the key words "Google Phone" I don't think the Nexus One really strikes a cord with people. They may be able to understand that it is faster than most of the other phones out there on the market right now but I'll honestly say that my TP2 and others like the iPhone 3GS's have enough processing power to suffice the common smart phone user.
I'd take a guess and say everyone is just seeing the Nexus One as something that's bigger, better, faster, stronger! You know, the common mentality that newer is better and they aren't recognizing that the Nexus One is a big leap forward in mobile computing technology. That 1GHz snapdragon is a beast of a processor and wipes the floor with my Qualcomm 7600.

To prove my point, here's an Wired post about how disappointing Nexus One sales really are.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/nexus-one-sales/

This is THE MOST, if not second to the HD2, impressive hardware form factor of any cell phone out there right now. Even though Google gave the Nexus One top spot on www.google.com, an honor only shared by that of Google's Chrome browser, the sales for the product sucked!

I think Google might need to nerd out on its consumers here and proudly boast that 1GHz processor in comparison to other mobile smart phones out there.

EDIT: One last thing that I forgot, I was reading on Engadget earlier today and noticed a post about the HTC Super Sonic (1.5GHz) and 4G. Personally, I'm in love. The topic talks about Sprint unveiling WiMax next week at CTIA. The phone scheduled release is that of this summer. So maybe THIS will be the first WinMo 6.5 device to upgrade to WP7S seeing as 7S comes out later in the year.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/w...print-at-ctia/

The only thing this phone needs is a keyboard and I'm sold. Until then I'll just continue dreaming about running my entire household's internet off my cell phone. <3

Last edited by OMGWTF_BBQ; 03-17-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Forgot to add in information about HTC Super Sonic.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mclife is becoming a great contributor

I doubt this will work on SERO regardless of whether its subsidized or not (likely not subsidized since the Sprint press release says "Nexus One will not be available in any Sprint retail channels."). Its not like we can buy a Hero off contract and activate it on SERO either...
Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mclife is becoming a great contributor

and as for the Supersonic, its not a winmo device, its Android with Sense, and potentially Android 3.0 (froyo) according to some sites.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2