PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

loudnslow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Nexus One is coming to Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
I actually receive my Moment today, so I will probably be going TP2>Moment>Nexus One>Supersonic. That is if the Nexus One is released this month or April and the Supersonic in summer and my corporate discount applies to the Nexus One. Hell I might even stay with the Nexus One if I find the HD2 too big later this month
I'm thinking TP2->n1-> supersonic, maybe stay with N1.
I want it now!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:50 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudnslow View Post
I'm thinking TP2->n1-> supersonic, maybe stay with N1.
I want it now!
Supersonic and N1 even in worst case scenario will come 3 month apart..and its even possible supersonic will come before N1

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

9erHater is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
If it is like T-mobile they are completely staying out of it.

http://www.google.com/phone

Even the Activate your phone is on their portal page. Google even provides the tech support...

As I said this does not mean much but it gives a glimmer of hope where there were none before.
I'd buy one for full price if it could be activated on SERO, but just about no chance that it will happen.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Hopefully Sprint will get something comparable to HD2 this year, not running Android or WP7 so us SERO customers can have some fun too
Old 03-19-2010, 05:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

MilwaukeeBrewers is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erHater View Post
I'd buy one for full price if it could be activated on SERO, but just about no chance that it will happen.
im on the same boat. im not letting my $30 sero plan go
Old 03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erHater View Post
There is always a chance...it is small but if Google handles things from tip to toe it might just work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Hopefully Sprint will get something comparable to HD2 this year, not running Android or WP7 so us SERO customers can have some fun too
Bada? lol...Te HTC lineup is already set so only one who could pull it off is LG or Samsung
Old 03-19-2010, 09:58 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Honestly, I dont get why you guys hang on to those SERO plans. They will be obsolete in another year. Is saving a little cash that important?

I guess for the SERO users, there is always the LG Rumor Touch that is coming out. Enjoy. =D>

Later

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-19-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Honestly, I dont get why you guys hang on to those SERO plans. They will be obsolete in another year. Is saving a little cash that important?

I guess for the SERO users, there is always the LG Rumor Touch that is coming out. Enjoy. =D>

Later
$30
more tv - radio and sprint turn by turn gps - $10
insurance $7
with taxes about $52

$70 - 450 plan
25% discount
$52
$7 insurance
$63 total

$120 more a year or so to get a upgrade once a year and use any phone. Maybe sprint will give you a credit sometime during that year. That is like a days worth of work so you can have freedom.

Granted some people will claim I don't need GPS or insurance and I have a discount and i pay $28 after taxes. That is different and I can see hanging on to that - but for how long. Will you still be using the TP2 in 3 years because everything else that came out won't work. AKA Android, Windows 7, Palm Pre, Instint.

Maybe TP2 and android will be awesome and work perfectly and someone creates an awesome windows 7 theme so you can stick with SERO. Soon maybe you can use google gps on android with the tp2 and bring your bill down to $41.

It really comes down to the user and you don't know their needs. What may not work for you any more will work for another person for the next 3 years.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post

Later
Actually from what I heard aside from the cheap rate SERO has an advantage because it was done by a 3rd party...the 3rd party has a contract with sprint so those people who have SERO have the plan to stay..even if sprint wanted to they couldn't move you to their system without your permission. This also applies to fees and etc.

This is what I heard at least. :/

or you can sign this and hope the FCC takes action:
https://secure.freepress.net/site/Ad...rAction&id=333

Last edited by gTen; 03-19-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclife View Post
and as for the Supersonic, its not a winmo device, its Android with Sense, and potentially Android 3.0 (froyo) according to some sites.
we will not see android till late fall early winter, So if the supersonic takes that long to come out then it might have 3.0.
Google is the next skynet

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2