PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Google Nexus One is coming to Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post
It's seems as if the Nexus One is hopefully going to starting picking up users here. AT&T announced they were getting the Nexus One and now that Sprint is getting it means people have more options, as well as a CDMA version.
The problem with the Nexus One is I think most people don't fully understand what they are truly buying unless they are somewhat tech savvy. When someone hears "iPhone" they think of Apps and the software. Android, well other than the key words "Google Phone" I don't think the Nexus One really strikes a cord with people. They may be able to understand that it is faster than most of the other phones out there on the market right now but I'll honestly say that my TP2 and others like the iPhone 3GS's have enough processing power to suffice the common smart phone user.
I'd take a guess and say everyone is just seeing the Nexus One as something that's bigger, better, faster, stronger! You know, the common mentality that newer is better and they aren't recognizing that the Nexus One is a big leap forward in mobile computing technology. That 1GHz snapdragon is a beast of a processor and wipes the floor with my Qualcomm 7600.

To prove my point, here's an Wired post about how disappointing Nexus One sales really are.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/nexus-one-sales/

This is THE MOST, if not second to the HD2, impressive hardware form factor of any cell phone out there right now. Even though Google gave the Nexus One top spot on www.google.com, an honor only shared by that of Google's Chrome browser, the sales for the product sucked!

I think Google might need to nerd out on its consumers here and proudly boast that 1GHz processor in comparison to other mobile smart phones out there.

EDIT: One last thing that I forgot, I was reading on Engadget earlier today and noticed a post about the HTC Super Sonic (1.5GHz) and 4G. Personally, I'm in love. The topic talks about Sprint unveiling WiMax next week at CTIA. The phone scheduled release is that of this summer. So maybe THIS will be the first WinMo 6.5 device to upgrade to WP7S seeing as 7S comes out later in the year.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/w...print-at-ctia/

The only thing this phone needs is a keyboard and I'm sold. Until then I'll just continue dreaming about running my entire household's internet off my cell phone. <3
Nexus one sales did horrible but Android sales did amazing. So what does that tell you, people don't NEED a super high end phone to be great. Ppcgeeks will want the nexus one because of course we know about snapdragon processors and so forth, but the average user isn't a ppcgeek, sorry to break the news to you. So if you expect the average person that goes to sprint and demands replacements when their phone breaks or you actually want to see your phone before you buy it, then guess what you won't buy a nexus. Nexus has google support only phones that are having issues will not be delt with by the carrier. All of these things factor in, come on man you can't have that long as rant without thinking about the situation first. Like you said the hd2 you can or will be able to walk into the store and play with it and actually see it before buying. Most people will never see an N1 unless they run into someone with it so expecting them to sell as many iphones is retarded. Look at android as a whole not just the n1, this is not iphone where they have only 1 phone, they have mulitple.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 03-19-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
we will not see android till late fall early winter, So if the supersonic takes that long to come out then it might have 3.0.
I doubt Nexus One will be that late...my guess is a month or 2 after Verizon. That said if Supersonic is in the market, unless Supersonic has a huge premium price it will kill the N1..because most of the people who get the N1 are those in the know and the Supersonic is obviously superior in all aspects except some people may think it is too big.

As for selling the N1..google never cared how much they sell..they are experimenting with how much they could drive the consumers without interference from the carrier..It is not about selling as it is gauging google's marketing power. It will all come into play years later...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I doubt Nexus One will be that late...my guess is a month or 2 after Verizon. That said if Supersonic is in the market, unless Supersonic has a huge premium price it will kill the N1..because most of the people who get the N1 are those in the know and the Supersonic is obviously superior in all aspects except some people may think it is too big.

As for selling the N1..google never cared how much they sell..they are experimenting with how much they could drive the consumers without interference from the carrier..It is not about selling as it is gauging google's marketing power. It will all come into play years later...
I meant android 3.0 till late fall, if if supersonic comes out late fall then it will have 3.0. Also we will have to wait and see what the final specs are, to see if its 1mb ram or 512. If its 512 then the specs aren't that superior. Slightly better video recording but screen size varies by person. As for sense ui I'm not a fan of that, the standard Google sense is perfect. It will not be 1.5 processor it will be snapdragon and you better hope its not underclocked to 768 like the incredible. Honestly I'm almost 100% positive its not going to be 3.0 and which phone do you think will get the update 1st since the update will come from Google not sprint I mean its the Google phone.

Last edited by p-slim; 03-19-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I meant android 3.0 till late fall, if if supersonic comes out late fall then it will have 3.0. Also we will have to wait and see what the final specs are, to see if its 1mb ram or 512. If its 512 then the specs aren't that superior. Slightly better video recording but screen size varies by person. As for sense ui I'm not a fan of that, the standard Google sense is perfect. It will not be 1.5 processor it will be snapdragon and you better hope its not underclocked to 768 like the incredible. Honestly I'm almost 100% positive its not going to be 3.0 and which phone do you think will get the update 1st since the update will come from Google not sprint
ah ok...well most likely Nexus will always get updates first because thats the phone they use to experiment on my guess.

1mb yeh definitely lol..sorry I know it was a typo but couldn't resist, according to PDADB:
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&i...htc_supersonic

It will be 512mb RAM and 1GB ROM which is not bad..Doesn't look like it has AMOLED but possibly just not detailed. So it has 512mb more ROM.

But whats gonna market it is obviously the 4G...and anyone who already has a Supersonic wont get a Nexus One my guess...but if you turn it around if you got Nexus One and 4G is in your area or will be in 2010 then its a different story.

I do not think they would under-clock it but I am more worried about hardware acceleration...I hope they enable it across the entire device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
ah ok...well most likely Nexus will always get updates first because thats the phone they use to experiment on my guess.

1mb yeh definitely lol..sorry I know it was a typo but couldn't resist, according to PDADB:
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&i...htc_supersonic

It will be 512mb RAM and 1GB ROM which is not bad..Doesn't look like it has AMOLED but possibly just not detailed. So it has 512mb more ROM.

But whats gonna market it is obviously the 4G...and anyone who already has a Supersonic wont get a Nexus One my guess...but if you turn it around if you got Nexus One and 4G is in your area or will be in 2010 then its a different story.

I do not think they would under-clock it but I am more worried about hardware acceleration...I hope they enable it across the entire device.
Damn I keep forgetting about 4g. IF I was deciding on the 2, I would definitely sacrafice amoled display for 4g.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Will 4G work in my trailer?

just sayin'
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Bay Area Boss

Too funny, I had to thank. But honestly if you lived at the one that's less than 2 miles away from my nearest Walmart you would
Old 03-20-2010, 12:24 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Will 4G work in my trailer?

just sayin'
If your trailer is in a city that has wimax, is not made of lead or has signal jammers or filled with aluminum foil

or

you park your trailer next to a walmart parking lot..

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/12/s...imax-buildout/

This is of course still a rumor..but then again so is the existence of your trailer >.>

Edit: you beat me to it p-slim while I was looking for a link T.T

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2