PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch My Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

khalidabuu is keeping up the good workkhalidabuu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to khalidabuu Send a message via Skype™ to khalidabuu
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

i got the latest froyo too boot on first run but i had no service with sprint. ive been trying to reboot it and it keeps showing a screen with haret at the bottom that says to run defualt.txt and another box under i click run and a red x pops up with some words.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalidabuu View Post
i got the latest froyo too boot on first run but i had no service with sprint. ive been trying to reboot it and it keeps showing a screen with haret at the bottom that says to run defualt.txt and another box under i click run and a red x pops up with some words.
Your startup.txt is corrupt. You need to either remake it or redownload it. This time using total commander in WinMo save it as "read only" and this wont happen anymore.

Quote:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=0 htc_battery_smem.fake=0 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=777000 physkeyboard=rhod210"

Boot
Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jtown4321 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Your startup.txt is corrupt. You need to either remake it or redownload it. This time using total commander in WinMo save it as "read only" and this wont happen anymore.
I had the same problem. Tried read-only both in total commander and windows and while i was able to make it read-only, the launcher utility (mjgdroid i think its called) has unexpected errors and quits (i use force cdma and select rhod400). It will not launch until you remove read-only.

I just keep a copy of the startup file on my memory card and copy it to the root every time i want to use android.

hope that helps a tad...
Old 07-08-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

Not sure if this has been discussed but im having a problem viewing any of my pictures on my phone.. all the other builds i could view them but this one.. anyone else having this problem
Old 07-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

llaugerm is a n00b

Thank you all for the great work on the project for Android. I have installed the Froyo on my Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2 which I have with Simple Mobile in the GSM network. Prior to that I was running the previous build where everything worked fine. With the Froyo the I'm not able to get the WI-FI to work. I get the following error message "Unable To Scan for Networks" In addition, it turns off my wifi in the settings. Any ideas? Thank you
Old 07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed but im having a problem viewing any of my pictures on my phone.. all the other builds i could view them but this one.. anyone else having this problem
Yeah its actually the version of gallery that is being used. We are actually one of the only handsets that, as you all know, does not have full 3d. The new gallery is highly 3d reliant. I have a HTC Rhaphael as well, and the gallery looks AMAZING on it and even has a fancy 3d tilt look to it using the gsensor to rock back and forth. I can actually use gallery on my TP2, but its VERY FREAKING SLOW! You have to wait quite a while for it to render everything, load the thumbnails, etc, but it will work (for me it does anyways) if i wait long enough....

I found the old gallery.apk however dropping it into the /andboot/androidapps folder does not install it, as the 3d gallery is already cooked in, and it will not overwritten, nor uninstall. I have suggested we go back to the old gallery for now on the next build, but if I had 3d I wouldn't want to either... lol.

Ill keep trying and see what I can figure out. There are apps on the market like "Background" and "Wallpaper" that have thousands of background choices, however still dont give you the option to use your own image.

In the mean time, I say try again, and be patient. The 3d gallery will eventually work, but its very slow especially if you have LOTS of pictures for it to load.

Last edited by Reefermattness; 07-08-2010 at 02:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Yeah its actually the version of gallery that is being used. We are actually one of the only handsets that, as you all know, does not have full 3d. The new gallery is highly 3d reliant. I have a HTC Rhaphael as well, and the gallery looks AMAZING on it and even has a fancy 3d tilt look to it using the gsensor to rock back and forth. I can actually use gallery on my TP2, but its VERY FREAKING SLOW! You have to wait quite a while for it to render everything, load the thumbnails, etc, but it will work (for me it does anyways) if i wait long enough....

I found the old gallery.apk however dropping it into the /andboot/androidapps folder does not install it, as the 3d gallery is already cooked in, and it will not overwritten, nor uninstall. I have suggested we go back to the old gallery for now on the next build, but if I had 3d I wouldn't want to either... lol.

Ill keep trying and see what I can figure out. There are apps on the market like "Background" and "Wallpaper" that have thousands of background choices, however still dont give you the option to use your own image.

In the mean time, I say try again, and be patient. The 3d gallery will eventually work, but its very slow especially if you have LOTS of pictures for it to load.
Ok kool thanks.. Im just glad its not only me... I feel at ease now lol.. Keep up the good work guys.. Im going to get the Epic as soon as it drops but i would still love to see this evolve..
Old 07-08-2010, 07:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

captobie is just getting started
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUSC View Post
7. Paid apps in the marketplace- I know somewhere this came up- Could someone send me a link to that thread?
http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/faq

But... I installed Market Enabler and followed the instructions but still don't see any paid apps. So not sure if it still works. Anyone else having issues with this?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

riot1031 is a n00b

I've searched and couldn't find the answer to this question...when booting Android for the first time, you are faced with two different ways to step through the customization. I don't remember what they are now as its been 1 1/2 months since I last played with Android on my TP2. Last time I did try it, it seemed like I picked the wrong one as I couldn't skip the part about entering your Google account info. So, my question is, which option is the right one to choose? Thanks!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, x50v

stcardinal is a n00b

I have this same problem. It keeps asking me to enter my google account info.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps