PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckout99 View Post
I stopped following this Project after the EVO came out, but my wife breaking her EVO has forced my TP2 out of retirement... The current build doesn't have HTC Sense. In the begining of the project there was a build floating around that did... Anyone know of a current Sense build ? Thanks guys.
The latest sense build (that works) is the 2.1 build on Reef's site.

You can update the kernel for updated hardware support, but (AFAIK) there has been very limited success porting a newer version of sense to the TP2.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blckout99 is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
The latest sense build (that works) is the 2.1 build on Reef's site.

You can update the kernel for updated hardware support, but (AFAIK) there has been very limited success porting a newer version of sense to the TP2.
Thanks mbellot. ...Now I just wonder if 2.1 with Sense is worth forgoing the updated Froyo.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

EDlokiEN is a n00b

the only problem that i am having with the android os is that it will not leave the airplane mode. otherwise the os is running great and i enjoy it more than the windows os.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDlokiEN View Post
the only problem that i am having with the android os is that it will not leave the airplane mode. otherwise the os is running great and i enjoy it more than the windows os.
force cdma needs to =1 if you're on CDMA. Please read the FAQ.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

slick78 is a n00b

if i update to the newest version will i loose all the apps that i have downloaded if so how do you backup?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick78
if i update to the newest version will i loose all the apps that i have downloaded if so how do you backup?
The apps you downloaded persist in the data.img. Updating the kernel will not affect that; however you may need to delete your data.img if performance is bad after an upgrade or something isn't working right.

I use Titanium Backup for backing up and restoring everything for those cases
Old 11-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
It is always best to delete all the old files and start fresh. I use Android Mate to backup my apps to a folder on the sd card. Then I drop them into the new androidapps folder. FYI, some apps may no longer work due to changes in the kernal for the new build. Try re-downloading from android marketplace if that happens.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
It is always best to delete all the old files and start fresh. I use Android Mate to backup my apps to a folder on the sd card. Then I drop them into the new androidapps folder. FYI, some apps may no longer work due to changes in the kernal for the new build. Try re-downloading from android marketplace if that happens.
That depends on what changed in the update. I wouldn't recommend you blow away your 256 MB file every single time you update the kernel. SD cards only have so many write cycles... why rebuild if you don't have to. Only do it if you experience issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 !!
Carrier: Sprint pcs!

primusdrgn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Microphone is working now for apps that use voice. Haven't seen a lot of people talking about that, but it's pretty cool.
hey i'm trying to use a push2talk app.. and my microphone hasn't worked yet.. what app are you using.. is there anything special you done besides upgrading the kernal?
Old 11-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusdrgn View Post
hey i'm trying to use a push2talk app.. and my microphone hasn't worked yet.. what app are you using.. is there anything special you done besides upgrading the kernal?
Just make sure you're using the kernel from 11/3 or newer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps