PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] Project Android Port and Startup Utility [5/10] GPS NOW WORKING!

I didn't experience any more lag from the android GPS than in WinMo... it worked as I expected it to when I just tested it.. awesome work devs! Now, tackle the battery and sound, and I'll be android TP2 everyday.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 05-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

wow, seems like every time I click around the android area, I thought to myself "development must've stopped". But every time I see a new update, I get hope again. Though GPS was the last thing I thought would be accomplished, I always thought the sound and camera would be the "easiest" (I know none of this is) to port.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

FROG_LEG_SALAD is a n00b

anyone elses notification light blinking repeatedly green, red, green and so on. any way to just to turn it off
Old 05-11-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

siff is becoming a great contributor

I don't get it. I installed it to SD card ran it once, ran fine but when I restarted it it is hanging up on the load screen.....Odd, using s VZW TP2 and NRG's latest ROM with 5/10 version of Android.. Any help would be great!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
wow, seems like every time I click around the android area, I thought to myself "development must've stopped". But every time I see a new update, I get hope again. Though GPS was the last thing I thought would be accomplished, I always thought the sound and camera would be the "easiest" (I know none of this is) to port.
The best part about getting GPS working is that it is one less thing they'll be working on and they can focus more on other things that still need to be fixed. I couldn't be happier
Old 05-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Which cab are you guys using? I had trouble after updates with the sense one.

Edit, oK trying out the 2.1 cab. Does anybody know if I need to boot android first before I run the updater?

Thanks

Last edited by PropagandaX; 05-11-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Which cab are you guys using? I had trouble after updates with the sense one.

Edit, oK trying out the 2.1 cab. Does anybody know if I need to boot android first before I run the updater?

Thanks
No, you must run the updater first... there is no way to run it once you boot into android.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

siff is becoming a great contributor

OK I got it to work, so whats the trick to getting the GPS to work?? locked up in WinMo no problem, launched Haret and still no GPS in android even after making sure it was on in the setup. Is there a trick I'm missing???
Old 05-11-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by siff View Post
OK I got it to work, so whats the trick to getting the GPS to work?? locked up in WinMo no problem, launched Haret and still no GPS in android even after making sure it was on in the setup. Is there a trick I'm missing???

Same here. Nothing in Android that uses Location Services is working (Google Maps, Sense Weather, etc..), so how is the GPS working? Can anyone give clear instructions as to how they determined GPS was working? I am talking about after booting into Android. What is next step to see the GPS working?

I tried using Google Maps and it says "location is unavailable". How do I use the GPS and not the "My Location"? Should I be using a different program to see that GPS working? Help is appreciated. BTW I am using Sense 2.1 Android with newest rootfs.

Edit:

I already selected "Use Wireless" and "Use GPS" in Settings.

I'm going to try the auto-update to see if I have better results. Will report back.

Last edited by jpriset; 05-11-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Added Info.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

for some reason, i keep getting a message stating "insufficient storage available" whenever i try to install google maps. I have plenty of space on my storage card. is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps