PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Alternative way of getting Android APP's onto your phone.

1. Have your phone on Windows Mobile (not Android)
and synced through ActiveSync or WMDC (Vista & 7 users).

2. Goto google, or whatever search engine you choose
and just search for "android .apk app downloads" is what I used at least.

3. Download and save the files on your PC, than open Windows Explorer\File Explorer.

4. Copy and paste the .apk files that you just downloaded "apps, games, etc" from your PC to StorageCard\AndroidApps\Media.

5. Run Haret, and launch Android on your TP2.

6. Download a File Explorer from the APP's Marketplace
(theres tons but I use ES File Explorer) I believe that's what it's called.

7. Locate your AndroidApps\Media folder, and click on the
app's you've just copied over from your PC, click install, you're good to go.

This is for the people who are having ton's of trouble in the Android Marketplace, or just for those of us who have way faster computers than we do phones lol... I just downloaded and added about 15-20 app's in about 2 minutes and after like the 9th straight one with success, I have a feeling this will be my way of controlling what APP's I include onto my phone..

I assume no responsibility if you download some viruses however, so on that note, only download the files you find from certified Android App sites and I'd highly recommend running a virus scan on anything prior to putting it onto your phone.. I use AVG and Avast, so I have no issues downloading cab's and app's I get alerted before I even hit save if things are not trusted...

Good luck, and have fun =)

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Alternative way of getting Android APP's onto your phone.

70 Free APP's including some from the "Favorite APP's thread"
http://www.technobuzz.net/google-android-apps/

This is the page I found first, had some nice app's to try out...
http://www.androidfreeware.org/

Than I found this page, which has a GameBoy emulator for Android, can't wait to try that out..!!
http://www.filecrop.com/android-apk.html

Some games here, haven't tested these yet but a few .apk versions to try out..
http://www.omnigsoft.com/Android/ADC/readme.html

Here's just a few, if you find some as well be my guest to post'em up... But make sure you check'em out first to make sure it's not B/S and just a buncha click here click there, spammy type of stuff... Thanks..
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

very nice
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

I appreciate it brotha..!!

Just doing what I can to get this ball rollin' =)
Old 03-09-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

I am glad we have our own thread now and the main dev thread might not be cluttered finally with questions over and over and over. I have been using the APK's this way since we have Wi-Fi working . Thanks for pointing this out to everyone else.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

No doubt bro, I was curious if anyone knew about it at first than I kinda questioned even making the thread but anxiety got the best of me lol... I was walking outta the room than hurried back to my computer and starting typing it up =)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2