PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint

yazyazoo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pandora on Android? Is it working and does it sound good from the headphone jack?

I am wondering if any of you who have put Android on the TP2 has tried Pandora? I have it working on my TP2 with the hack.

It works but when I connect it to my car's aux input the sound quality is crap. I know it's not the phone because Slacker radio app for TP2 WM sounds great and clear.

Before I try Android I would like to know if Pandora is working with better audio quality.

This would be great and solve all my problems of getting Android on Sprint sero!

Last edited by yazyazoo; 03-09-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Pandora on Android? Is it working and does it sound good from the headphone jack

I'm not sure if anyones reported the 3.5mm jack working yet... If nobody responds soon I'll test it out for you...

Old 03-09-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Threadstarter

yazyazoo is just getting started
Re: Pandora on Android? Is it working and does it sound good from the headphone jack

Great! It would be appreciated. If it works it looks like I am going to have to buy a new microSD card for this Android! I would try it myself but I need to save to get a 16gb microSD.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Delvorak is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
I'm not sure if anyones reported the 3.5mm jack working yet... If nobody responds soon I'll test it out for you...
3.5mm jack doesn't work on my Sprint TP2 (tried with Music app, MP3 looked to be playing, but no sound on headphones)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

savir90 is keeping up the good worksavir90 is keeping up the good work

before i got my tp2, the first thing i tried on the tp1 running android was pandora....and lemme tell u it worked perfect running off sprints data...it didnt lag....did not cut off the song...and the main thing was that it streamed at a high bitrate..id say from 100 to maybe even 158 kbps...sounded clear as hell...which comes to show how pandora abandoned winmo...atleast for now, because this clearly shows that the touch pro 1 was fully capable of streaming a high bitrate stream from pandora with no lag or issues on winmo...i mean if it worked on a touch pro 1 running android on top or 6.5...why cant they just natively fix that for winmo...anyways im pretty sure once they get 3.5mm running on android touch pro 2, pandora would be amazing..
Old 03-09-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

there is no audio in the current android build at all. once we have audio, we should have both the speakers and the 3.5mm jack working maybe.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2