View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:01 AM
JDM_SOHC
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Alternative way of getting Android APP's onto your phone.

1. Have your phone on Windows Mobile (not Android)
and synced through ActiveSync or WMDC (Vista & 7 users).

2. Goto google, or whatever search engine you choose
and just search for "android .apk app downloads" is what I used at least.

3. Download and save the files on your PC, than open Windows Explorer\File Explorer.

4. Copy and paste the .apk files that you just downloaded "apps, games, etc" from your PC to StorageCard\AndroidApps\Media.

5. Run Haret, and launch Android on your TP2.

6. Download a File Explorer from the APP's Marketplace
(theres tons but I use ES File Explorer) I believe that's what it's called.

7. Locate your AndroidApps\Media folder, and click on the
app's you've just copied over from your PC, click install, you're good to go.

This is for the people who are having ton's of trouble in the Android Marketplace, or just for those of us who have way faster computers than we do phones lol... I just downloaded and added about 15-20 app's in about 2 minutes and after like the 9th straight one with success, I have a feeling this will be my way of controlling what APP's I include onto my phone..

I assume no responsibility if you download some viruses however, so on that note, only download the files you find from certified Android App sites and I'd highly recommend running a virus scan on anything prior to putting it onto your phone.. I use AVG and Avast, so I have no issues downloading cab's and app's I get alerted before I even hit save if things are not trusted...

Good luck, and have fun =)

This post has been thanked 3 times.