PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yep, that is the one.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yep, that is the one.
no luck there.

i wonder that if i re-install android and over-clock windows it will give me the same issue even though I would have set the CPU clock back to 528 before haret booting.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch-this-pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post

Yep, that is the one.
no luck there.

i wonder that if i re-install android and over-clock windows it will give me the same issue even though I would have set the CPU clock back to 528 before haret booting.
haret will not boot when winmo is overclocked. not sure how you are overclocking at stock speed, but take it off winmo completely before booting android.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

what i was trying to say is that when I over-clock on the windows side and decide to boot up android, I have to get the speed of the CPU back to 528 Hz (stock speed). even if I do this with SetClockSpeed app (ass suggested on the first post), Haret still freezes.

i am not sure what the problem is, but I am guessing somewhere in the settings, haret "reads" the wrong CPU speed.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is there a ROM that is best configured for Android? I have no intention of ever running WinMo again, or even ever activating my old Touch Pro 2 again. Is there a particular ROM I should install in order to get the best (and easiest) Android running?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Is there a ROM that is best configured for Android? I have no intention of ever running WinMo again, or even ever activating my old Touch Pro 2 again. Is there a particular ROM I should install in order to get the best (and easiest) Android running?
I believe the chefs are working in the hardware compatibility issues with the TP2, therefore a full complaint Android ROM may not be ready as of yet.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Almost a VIP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The NAND Android work is ongoing but not ready for daily use.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

daalvarado is a n00b

hello, I just installed the android OS on my sprint touch pro2 and was trying to get the ringtones to work with no luck. I have found that Ringtones do work if you download Music Box, and Astro File manager from the market. Start musicbox and search for any song and download it. Click on the tab in musicbox called "downloads" find the song you just downloaded. Press and hold finger on the song and you get an option to set as ring tone. Now if you go to main menu/ settings/sound/phone ring tone you will notice the silent option is not checked any more. and the song you set is the ringtone now! what I have found now, is if you start Astro file manager and locate a song or ringtone you have stored where ever in your sd card, you can select a song/ringtone by holding finger on the file and you get an optionthat say "music options" click on that and then click on set as ring tone. This option was not avaliable until i used "musicbox" But it works for me now.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daalvarado View Post
hello, I just installed the android OS on my sprint touch pro2 and was trying to get the ringtones to work with no luck. I have found that Ringtones do work if you download Music Box, and Astro File manager from the market. Start musicbox and search for any song and download it. Click on the tab in musicbox called "downloads" find the song you just downloaded. Press and hold finger on the song and you get an option to set as ring tone. Now if you go to main menu/ settings/sound/phone ring tone you will notice the silent option is not checked any more. and the song you set is the ringtone now! what I have found now, is if you start Astro file manager and locate a song or ringtone you have stored where ever in your sd card, you can select a song/ringtone by holding finger on the file and you get an optionthat say "music options" click on that and then click on set as ring tone. This option was not avaliable until i used "musicbox" But it works for me now.
which android did you installed?

try Froyo X from the post with that title.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

daalvarado is a n00b

i installed XDAndroid2.2Froyo.121610

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2