PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

z0mb1e is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

How do you get android to load automatically when you turn your phone off then on ?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mb1e View Post
How do you get android to load automatically when you turn your phone off then on ?
Short of being very brave and playing with our NAND build, Gen.Y would be the only way to solve this issue.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

etdouglas is a n00b

Is there anyway to increase the space that the OS uses? I am running into the low storage space error and I have 1500 mb free on the storage card. Does the android OS use some of the space on the phone memory or is it setting aside a certain amount of space to use on the storage card?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdouglas View Post
Is there anyway to increase the space that the OS uses? I am running into the low storage space error and I have 1500 mb free on the storage card. Does the android OS use some of the space on the phone memory or is it setting aside a certain amount of space to use on the storage card?
First, I hope you're not using this thread as a reference. The last post was made... almost a year ago. Let's just say it's outdated.

Second, all of the storage you're talking about is in the data.img file. See this thread on how to expand that files size easily.

Our rootfs defaults to a 256mb size data.img - a good compromise so users with 512mb cards can still use our builds easily, but gives *most* users enough space .
Old 10-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

etdouglas is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
First, I hope you're not using this thread as a reference. The last post was made... almost a year ago. Let's just say it's outdated.

Second, all of the storage you're talking about is in the data.img file. See this thread on how to expand that files size easily.

Our rootfs defaults to a 256mb size data.img - a good compromise so users with 512mb cards can still use our builds easily, but gives *most* users enough space .
Thanks that's what I was figuring. So has development for this stopped? Where is the best place to get updated info on this development?
Old 10-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdouglas View Post
Thanks that's what I was figuring. So has development for this stopped? Where is the best place to get updated info on this development?
The Android TP2 Development section is a good place to start...
Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC

rmonroe041 is a n00b
Question Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
All files from post one are already extracted and inside the file.....just follow the instructions below and you are off....

just extract the folder and throw it on the root of the card.....if it does not work just move all the files onto the root.....FYI...what I do is add a new folder for all of my current stuff for Winmo and drop all Droid files right into the root...

EDIT: Thanks to matthewb57 for providing me with free hosting. When more packages are ready I will package them up and use the free file hosting from him. Makes it all quicker. Please give THANKS to "matthewb57" whenever you see a post by him, for providing this hosting!

Please refer to this thread for future updates.

http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/downloads

GL!
***BTW, that link is dead, or the file is no longer there...***

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2