PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Alright, so I haven't followed the Android on TP2 scene at all, but Im getting curious. Can someone give me a quick rundown? What works? What doesn't? How hard it is to setup? Do I just download and unzip that 1 file? Any help is much appreciated, Ill be reading up now
The "RTFT" will answer ALL of your questions.

Hell, maybe even RTFOP
Old 03-11-2010, 08:30 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

wow the nonreaders have invaded the Android sub forum. I thought this stuff just went on in other threads. :P
Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: downloads and software
Carrier: sprint

504boynola is a n00b

im having so much issues with everytime i reboot i get an error saying failed to find rootfs on sd card. you need to unzip a rootfs zip file to the root of your sd card
cant access tty;job control turned off CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504boynola
im having so much issues with everytime i reboot i get an error saying failed to find rootfs on sd card. you need to unzip a rootfs zip file to the root of your sd card
it cant find rootfs. better put it on your sd card.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:34 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

take the rootfs file from page 1 and unzip it and drop it on your storage card in the root. I mean seriously, DID YOU EVEN READ ANYTHING?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: downloads and software
Carrier: sprint

504boynola is a n00b

i put it on the sd card but still no change ok so i followed everything to the last period and nothings change any ideas

Last edited by 504boynola; 03-11-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504boynola View Post
i put it on the sd card but still no change
Did you unzip it first?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00
take the rootfs file from page 1 and unzip it and drop it on your storage card in the root. I mean seriously, DID YOU EVEN READ ANYTHING?
the answer was in that persons question. i think everyone should stop answering all the questions with answers in this thread.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
hehe I just took a look at the GSM thread and they have this posted.. I think we should also include it on our own first page:

Notes: Read this before you start!

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU TO COME HERE AND TELL US WHICH OF YOUR FEATURES IS THE MOST WANTED. WE ALL WANT THIS OS COMPLETELY WORKING, WE ALL WANT SOUND, WE ALL WANT BT, WE DONT NEED TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT ANDROID IS USELESS WITHOUT CERTAIN FEATURES. BE PATIENT LIKE THE REST OF US.

If you think you need to post a question in this thread: READ THE ENTIRE THREAD AND USE SEARCH FIRST. Most questions have already been answered in this thread. I don't mind answering GOOD questions, but I really hate people asking the same questions over and over, ESPECIALLY when the answer is only a few pages before your post. DONT BE LAZY, THIS FORUM IS FOR DEVELOPMENT, NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If you mis-calibrate your device: Boot back into WinMo, delete ts-calibration file from your SD card, and re-run Haret!

For better performance and battery life use task killer to end all apps after Android boots, there will be a LOT of them running about 50mb of RAM worth. Some apps also keep your handset from entering sleep mode. I also go to settings > location and turn off the GPS, as its not working right now anyways.
I love this idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
OMG dude read the 2nd freaking post of the thread or get out. Seriously. This is rediculous. Search people.. otherwise you are letting your stupidity show. Sorry if this is crude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kain125 View Post
Ok thanks for the livewallpaper help

Are they going to work on power management because its battery life with android is rather poor

Quote:
im having major issues with trying to switch over to the android can you help

Quote:
you pretty much answered your own question....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ people....the answers are all here....
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
i put it on the sd card but still no change
Just download the complete package and put it on your card. How much simpler can they make it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2